Tom19841's Posts

Tom19841's Posts

I'm working on a MirrowView/S setup between a VNX5300 and a VNX5400. When doing a test failover in VMware SRM I don't want to use snapshots on the VNX at the DR-site. When adding the Mirrorvi... See more...
I'm working on a MirrowView/S setup between a VNX5300 and a VNX5400. When doing a test failover in VMware SRM I don't want to use snapshots on the VNX at the DR-site. When adding the Mirrorview SRA in SRM I can provide the "MirrorView Options". Which option must I use to disable the use of snapshots?
I'm working on a MirrowView/S setup between a VNX5300 and a VNX5400. When doing a test failover in VMware SRM I don't want to use snapshots on the VNX at the DR-site. When adding the Mirrorvi... See more...
I'm working on a MirrowView/S setup between a VNX5300 and a VNX5400. When doing a test failover in VMware SRM I don't want to use snapshots on the VNX at the DR-site. When adding the Mirrorview SRA in SRM I can provide the "MirrorView Options". Which option must I use to disable the use of snapshots?
Hi, I have installed a VNX5400 unified system. Temporarily we don't use the file part of the VNX5400. Now we get the following error on the VNX: Slot 2: The NTP server [x.x.x.x] is no... See more...
Hi, I have installed a VNX5400 unified system. Temporarily we don't use the file part of the VNX5400. Now we get the following error on the VNX: Slot 2: The NTP server [x.x.x.x] is not accessible or responding to the time service from [Wed Oct 15 11:01:21 2014]. This is because the datamover cannot reach the NTP server, because the datamovers are not cabled yet. Can I disable this error in any way?
Hi, I want to know the possibilities of SNMP monitoring for a VNX5300 unified. On the support website I can only find documents about SNMP trap configurations, but that's not what i'm looking... See more...
Hi, I want to know the possibilities of SNMP monitoring for a VNX5300 unified. On the support website I can only find documents about SNMP trap configurations, but that's not what i'm looking for. I've also opened a support case, but they couldn't help me with this question. Has anyone experience with monitoring a VNX via SNMP? I'm interested in things like SP utilization, interface statistics, data mover utilization, etc. I know that these metrics are available in the VNX Monitoring & Reporting tool, but we want to use third party software to monitor this. Regards, Tom