JustRoy's Posts

JustRoy's Posts

I contacted the Dutch dell support and they could not help me, because it was outside of warranty and not 'broken'. Perhaps next time consider something with longer  standard support.
 Thank you for the tip. This looks like a good option. This is how it looks.
Interesting discovery. When a laptop is on battery, it will try to conserve power and specified settings are activated. Would this also happen, when it can't draw enough power?  Is this some bios c... See more...
Interesting discovery. When a laptop is on battery, it will try to conserve power and specified settings are activated. Would this also happen, when it can't draw enough power?  Is this some bios control setting; it is happens some laptops heavily throttle the CPU/GPU. Hope someone can reproduced it.
I had my keyboard spontaneously stop working under certain conditions (like random Overwatch games) and found the Alienware TacTx software to be involved. When I closed this, the random keyboard "dis... See more...
I had my keyboard spontaneously stop working under certain conditions (like random Overwatch games) and found the Alienware TacTx software to be involved. When I closed this, the random keyboard "disconnect" would not happen. Your issue sounds different, but I can imagine some buggy software to be involved. Perhaps consider starting in safe mode (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode) and see if it helps.
The S & D keys of my Alienware 15 R3 laptop are slowly losing their black coating, allowing the back light to bleed through. I was wondering if anyone has the same issue and if they found an easy f... See more...
The S & D keys of my Alienware 15 R3 laptop are slowly losing their black coating, allowing the back light to bleed through. I was wondering if anyone has the same issue and if they found an easy fix? Like repainting it with a marker? Sadly, the warranty expired two months ago (have it now for little over 1 year).