Xeven's Posts

Xeven's Posts

The drive part number is 46X5689 (46X8403 on the sled) I would've assumed, given the same part numbers on another Library drive, that the external drive would work, particularly as they have the ... See more...
The drive part number is 46X5689 (46X8403 on the sled) I would've assumed, given the same part numbers on another Library drive, that the external drive would work, particularly as they have the same interfaces, and same settings on the switch. 
Thanks. I did check and it is the very same drive model as an existing LTO5 drive in the library, and the same switch setting for LDI to allow the drive to communicate with the PV. I'm not sure what ... See more...
Thanks. I did check and it is the very same drive model as an existing LTO5 drive in the library, and the same switch setting for LDI to allow the drive to communicate with the PV. I'm not sure what other settings there might be though. Do you mean some setting from the switches under the drive, or something in the library? 
I've picked up a Dell/IBM LTO-5 HH drive from an external Dell enclosure. I've popped it into a spare LTO5 Sled, and tried to get it to run on the TL4000 (also a TL2000 with same result) but the driv... See more...
I've picked up a Dell/IBM LTO-5 HH drive from an external Dell enclosure. I've popped it into a spare LTO5 Sled, and tried to get it to run on the TL4000 (also a TL2000 with same result) but the drive doesn't seem to appear, even after a complete reset of the PV. The PowerVault does it's usual tape scans on boot, then seems to be trying to connect to the drive. About 15 minutes later, I get an error "HE: drive logged out Code: FB 01". From what I can tell, it's some sort of communication error between the PV and the Drive. I checked the cables on the sled, and made sure the LDI switch was on on the drive - Switch 5 of 8 - (all other switches set to off). Still having no luck. Usually, I am able to communicate with the drive over SAS from a PC, even when it's in the PV. The drive itself shows no errors, but the usual green "all good" light - even when it's in the PV. Am I doing anything wrong here? Is it a dead drive, PV or PV controller? Could I have the wrong switches set on the drive? Maybe a Firmware issue? If anyone has had this before or can help I'd appreciate it.