luneris's Posts

luneris's Posts

Yes, forgot to mention that. I have read it comes back for some users in previous posts here so checked that too from Add/Remove Programs list. It has gone for good. Since it is fast when I use my m... See more...
Yes, forgot to mention that. I have read it comes back for some users in previous posts here so checked that too from Add/Remove Programs list. It has gone for good. Since it is fast when I use my mobile as hot spot, may be something is not right with too many devices connecting to modem? There are 6 phones, 1 tablet, 3 computers other than this new one so may be some IP assign problem? 
Hi, Got a brand new laptop and had problems with wifi speed. Then, after a little search, I found the SmartyByte program might cause this and people got great results after uninstalling it. So I have... See more...
Hi, Got a brand new laptop and had problems with wifi speed. Then, after a little search, I found the SmartyByte program might cause this and people got great results after uninstalling it. So I have uninstalled it (there were 2 programs in add/remove menu, uninstalled both.) However, problem still persists. Best Speedtest result I could get was 5 Mbps in download. We have 2 more laptops and mobile phones at home and they all work well with same WiFi. *I have tried to use my mobile data as hot spot and speed was good on new Dell. * I haven't tried the laptop on another wifi network. * Updated bios, every driver suggested by update assistant. * Ran the diagnostics (normal and stress test) in Dell Support Assist program, everything is fine. So, any ideas? Thanks in advance