Pheosics's Posts

Pheosics's Posts

I have a 5576 which is about two years old, roughly 6 months ago the screen started going crazy colors and being unresponsive, I noticed that the back hinges were coming apart and figured there was p... See more...
I have a 5576 which is about two years old, roughly 6 months ago the screen started going crazy colors and being unresponsive, I noticed that the back hinges were coming apart and figured there was probably a connection issue (moving the screen around could get it to stop for a little bit). I tightened the necessary screws and everything was better for awhile, but recently the screen has been getting weaker and weaker, and seems to have a very slow refresh rate. I'm fairly positive it is still a connection issue as I can get the screen to work occasionally when I futs with it, and I'm still getting a fine image on an external monitor. I doubt this screen can be saved, but I am unsure if simply buying a replacement screen is going to work or if the issue is with the cable itself. I don't want to buy the replacement then find out I need a new cable. Has anyone had similar issues with their screens? Note that I have taken apart the housing for the screen and made sure that the connection is secure but that doesn't seem to help. Sometimes pressing down on the connector area on the frame when it is all closed up will help for a little bit, but it's not guaranteed. So buy a replacement screen or a new laptop? (or can this screen miraculously be saved?)