RalphMack's Posts

RalphMack's Posts

I have not called. I was so busy after my chat that I didn't have time. So I disabled the apoint service and have been using the little eraser pointer instead.
The support site was operational today and while on the chat line they told me this: "For this assistance you need, it's more on software related issue. We do suggest to contact our Pro support depa... See more...
The support site was operational today and while on the chat line they told me this: "For this assistance you need, it's more on software related issue. We do suggest to contact our Pro support department how support for software and hardware issues. You can reach them at, 1-866-362-5350 (US & Canada) 24/7." You will need a service tag when you call. You can use the web site to find it or run Dell Command Update and it will display it. When I get a chance I will call and post the results here if it is relevant.
How do I contact support when the web site does not work? I have tried doing this several times and it is not possible for me to get the contact form to come up. I have tried with 3 different browser... See more...
How do I contact support when the web site does not work? I have tried doing this several times and it is not possible for me to get the contact form to come up. I have tried with 3 different browsers. Here is Chrome:
It is a trojan only in the sense that the ALPS Pointoing Device driver is behaving like a trojan. I updated all the drivers on my laptop and it immediately came up with this same error on the very ne... See more...
It is a trojan only in the sense that the ALPS Pointoing Device driver is behaving like a trojan. I updated all the drivers on my laptop and it immediately came up with this same error on the very next power up. The EXE for the ALPS pointing device was updated as well and I scanned it again along with the rest of my computer using Malware Bytes and Windows Defender again.  The next 2 powerups it has not happened. I have now completely disabled the service and will only turn it on when I need to use it. Too bad Dell doesn't pay attention to their own support community.
I had the exact same thing happen to me today for the first time. I just updated my Win10x64 Dell Precision 7510 laptop to the 1809 release of Win 10 last week. I wonder if Dell even bothers reading... See more...
I had the exact same thing happen to me today for the first time. I just updated my Win10x64 Dell Precision 7510 laptop to the 1809 release of Win 10 last week. I wonder if Dell even bothers reading this forum.