_RayMan_'s Posts

_RayMan_'s Posts

So this is a really annoying issue that's been happening for a few months now. Whenever the laptop goes to sleep, like when the lid is closed, the touchscreen stops working correctly. The first time... See more...
So this is a really annoying issue that's been happening for a few months now. Whenever the laptop goes to sleep, like when the lid is closed, the touchscreen stops working correctly. The first time it wakes the right side works fine, but the left side is glitchy and scrolling becomes difficult. After multiple wakes, the touchscreen can become unusable. I've tried lots of things like reinstalling windows, upgrading the firmware, bios, video driver. I've tried older video drivers, and bios versions, but the issue still persists. After some experimenting, i discovered that when I switch my video driver to the default windows driver, the touchscreen works after waking (however, this has no effect if the touchscreen is already glitchy). However the graphics suffer severely with animations and cursor movements becoming slow, so this isn't exactly a solution. From this, i can tell its an issue with video drivers. I did send in the laptop because of screen repairs before the issue started, so maybe that could be the source, but i'd rather not have to send it in again. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?