C0n57an71n's Posts

C0n57an71n's Posts

Hi U2CAMEB4ME,   Thanks for your reply! Doing a proper "Flex Test" as you described does not bring up the problem, luckily. Don't you think that there can still be the possiblity of an sw related... See more...
Hi U2CAMEB4ME,   Thanks for your reply! Doing a proper "Flex Test" as you described does not bring up the problem, luckily. Don't you think that there can still be the possiblity of an sw related problem as a simple "turn off an on of the screen" heals the problem for a longer time? Or maybe it is a grounding problem at the connector to the motherboard? As the issue only appears about once in a week at a daily use of the notebook. I can currently live with my "hotfixes". If it's getting worse I will have my LCD replaced and give feedack at that time.   Best regards, Constantin
Hi community,   I am actually issuing extacly the same problem as described in the following link: https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/Inspiron-17-7000-series-screen-goes-black/m-p/7197881#M46... See more...
Hi community,   I am actually issuing extacly the same problem as described in the following link: https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/Inspiron-17-7000-series-screen-goes-black/m-p/7197881#M46976 Unforutnatelly there seems to be no solution so far and so I am opening a new discussion, hoping to fix this problem. Regarding the replie of Dell-SreejithR in the link: -> I don't face a flickering or black screen if I move the screen back and forth -> The problem appears out of the dark. But I determined that it always happens when my charger is plugged in for a while and if I am  working on it (average utilization) -> It usually starts with a flickering screen which gets worse over the time until the screen finally goes black (with balcklight still on!) -> The flickering can also turn into black and white bars all over the screen. (see also attachment) Additional information: -> A connected external monitor (HDMI) is not effected at that time -> The problem can be solved by: Rebooting Windows, Getting into standby mode and back on Closing and reopening the LCD completly (without running in standby mode) Telling windows to only use external monitor and switching back to for example "expand screen" Interpreting these hotfix solutions, there is a single constant in the procedures -> Turning the screen completly off and on! -> All drivers and bios sw is up to date -> The problem consits for about 4 months, now -> I also determined that manually rebooting driver by pressing [shift]+[strg]+[win]+b does not solve the problem as this does not turn off the screen   Hope there is somebody out there with a solution for this. 🙂   Best regards, Constantin