ehalldim3000's Posts

ehalldim3000's Posts

This was a good suggestion but still no sound.  My msacm32.drv looked fine -- but I did an expansion from the Windows CD and replaced it anyway...no luck.  I'm wondering if the problem is the msacm... See more...
This was a good suggestion but still no sound.  My msacm32.drv looked fine -- but I did an expansion from the Windows CD and replaced it anyway...no luck.  I'm wondering if the problem is the msacm32.dll -- can't expand/replace it because it is in use.  This is like shooting fish in a barrel...
Thanks for the suggestions.  I had already verified that Windows Audio service was active and had also re-installed sndvol.  I am trying to avoid going back thru restore points.  I was suspicious o... See more...
Thanks for the suggestions.  I had already verified that Windows Audio service was active and had also re-installed sndvol.  I am trying to avoid going back thru restore points.  I was suspicious of Rhapsody and Media player.  I did an upgrade to Media Player 11 and uninstalled Rap -- same results.
I have a Dell Dimension 3000 with an integrated ADI SoundMAX card and I have only limited sound capabilities.   I have NO Windows sounds being played even though the default scheme is enabled.   ... See more...
I have a Dell Dimension 3000 with an integrated ADI SoundMAX card and I have only limited sound capabilities.   I have NO Windows sounds being played even though the default scheme is enabled.   If I attempt to launch a video from the internet (MSN, You Tube, etc.) the video plays but there is no sound.   I can play CDs or stored music without any problem using Rhapsody.   No sure what has caused this problem to crop up.    I have run Dell Diagnostics (Driver Reset) and no errors were discovered.   I ran DXDIAG and both sound and music tests and plays fine.   I have used the Dell Support Center to download the latest version of the audio driver for SoundMAX.   I also did an online automated scan (PC checkup) which found no problems.   I have checked and re-checked all settings in Control Panel => Sounds and Audio Devices.   Everything is enabled for use.   I have gone through the entire Windows XP troubleshooter and everything looks OK.   However, there is 1 anomaly worth pointing out: The volume control ICON will not appear on the Windows taskbar even though the menu item to display it is checked in the SoundMAX properties    The only thing I have not done is to upgrade the BIOS to A03.   I have no idea what has caused this problem.   Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.