M37B1's Posts

M37B1's Posts

Computer - Dell Inspiron E1505 CPU - 1.73 GHz RAM - 1.0 GB 32 Bit OS  Operating system - Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1 installed  Internal hard drive -  80 GB Hitachi HT541680J   I bou... See more...
Computer - Dell Inspiron E1505 CPU - 1.73 GHz RAM - 1.0 GB 32 Bit OS  Operating system - Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1 installed  Internal hard drive -  80 GB Hitachi HT541680J   I bought an iomega 160 GB eGo external USB-powered hard drive which is supposed to be pre-formatted and ready to go (plug-and-play).  When I plug it in to a USB port the computer "dings", the power light on the drive lights up and I can hear the drive running if I put it up to my ear.   However, when I go to START > COMPUTER  the drive doesn't show up on the list of drives.  All that show is the C: drive, the 😧 Recovery partition of the C: drive, the DVD drive and, if I have it attached, my HP 3180 inkjet printer.   If I go to START and right-click COMPUTER and then select MANAGE to get the Computer Management screen and then select Disk Management, I get the screen showing all the drives connected.  This screen shows the C: drive as Disk 0 and the external iomega drive as Drive 1.  It shows them both to be online. It also shows the DVD drive and the printer if I have it connected.  Right-clicking the Drive 1 here and selecting Properties brings up a box labeled TOSHIBA MK1646GSX [the iomega 2.5" drive] USB Device Properties.  Under General it says "This device is working properly"     OK - The external drive is running.  The computer recognizes that the drive is there. Why doesn't the drive show up in the list under START > COMPUTER?  If it doesn't show up there with a letter assigned I can't use it.  Stranger yet, when the drive is connected to another Vista PC it shows up instantly.  Same thing with a Windows XP machine.  It just doesn't work with mine.   iomega doesn't have customer support.  The Geeks at Best Buy don't have a clue why it's acting this way.  
I haven't been saving anything myself.  Apparently the Inspiron is doing it itself.   My 😧 shows   D:/dell 3.88GB D:/N360_BACKUP 5.55GB D:/Program Files 6.63MB D:/Sources 993KB... See more...
I haven't been saving anything myself.  Apparently the Inspiron is doing it itself.   My 😧 shows   D:/dell 3.88GB D:/N360_BACKUP 5.55GB D:/Program Files 6.63MB D:/Sources 993KB D:/Tools 1.52MB D:/Users 262KB D:/Windows 786MB   I didn't create any of these files.   Now that I think about it, it appears that the N360_BACKUP folder was created by Norton.  I'm also guessing that maybe I can delete that folder as it likely contains duplicate info.  If I do that, is there a way that I can reduce the maximum size of 😧 to 5GB or so? I getting nervous about the available space on my C: drive.
OK, now I understand.  However, dell manufactures and markets these computers.  Whether their support staff are idiots or not should not be my concern.  If the product I paid for is not working co... See more...
OK, now I understand.  However, dell manufactures and markets these computers.  Whether their support staff are idiots or not should not be my concern.  If the product I paid for is not working correctly, why are my only options to pay for an answer or go to the public and hope for an answer?  I'm still waiting for someone to answer my question posted below (D: Drive full).  If the manufacturer and programmers won't answer, who will? And, yes, I do see that other questions have been asked regarding the 😧 Drive, but the answers have not answered the question I asked.   Anyone care to help me out?     
Since Dell obviously monitors this forum (they mark a post as Solved when a definitive answer is given), wouldn't it be nice if THEY would actually post an answer to the question being asked.    ... See more...
Since Dell obviously monitors this forum (they mark a post as Solved when a definitive answer is given), wouldn't it be nice if THEY would actually post an answer to the question being asked.     Is there some value to them in letting us just flail around in the dark trying to figure out a problem that they could easily answer?   Come on Dell, step up to the plate and give us solutions. 
I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 With Vista Home Premium, factory installed.   Right now my C: drive shows 16.7 GB free of 62.4 GB The 😧 drive shows 1.16 MB free of 9.99 GB   Every day when ... See more...
I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 With Vista Home Premium, factory installed.   Right now my C: drive shows 16.7 GB free of 62.4 GB The 😧 drive shows 1.16 MB free of 9.99 GB   Every day when I start up I get a popup message that my 😧 drive is full.  Clicking on this message leads me to a page where I can delete certain items from the drive, but the only thing it shows to delete is related to Office setup with 0 (zero) MB saved.      As you can see, the 😧 drive is taking up a significant portion of the drive.  I can't find any documentation about the 😧 drive but it does seem from what little I can find that most are far smaller in size than mine.   What's in the 😧 drive that can be deleted? How do I delete those items? How do I reduce the size of the 😧 drive and lock the size?  And eliminate the popup message? Apparently, over time, things are added to the drive.  How do I manage what's going in there?  If I have recovery disks, do I really even need the 😧 drive?   Can it be deleted entirely, or reduced to some KB size?   I hope someone can help me with this, keeping in mind that I'm not particularly technically proficient (it took me 12 (twelve) tries just to sign up with this forum) although I can follow directions.  Abbreviations and acronyms confuse me.