Reggie08's Posts

Reggie08's Posts

I was watching tv when the tower made a buzzing sound and then the screen went blue and the computer locked up.  I had to hit the power buttons to turn it off and it took several tries to bring it... See more...
I was watching tv when the tower made a buzzing sound and then the screen went blue and the computer locked up.  I had to hit the power buttons to turn it off and it took several tries to bring it back up.  It is now as slow as a turtle and media center is flaking out with picture, sound, recording etc. I called Dell and then had me check the fan and hard drive with a quick check and that was ok.  They said they couldn't do much more for me and told me it was a software issue.  Bought a Maxtor to back-up system and Dell said to restore the computer to factory settings, at which I didn't want to do yet.  My hubby checked the computer management event log and two codes popped out at the time this happened.  Event ID 7 and Event ID 51.  Any ideas?   Dell Dimension Windows XP Media Center Edition   I have plenty of memory etc.
 I was watching tv on media center when the tower made a buzzing sound and then the screen went blue.  System froze so I shut it down. Turned it back on but very slow.  Called Dell and they had me... See more...
 I was watching tv on media center when the tower made a buzzing sound and then the screen went blue.  System froze so I shut it down. Turned it back on but very slow.  Called Dell and they had me check the hard drive and fan...ok. I tried recording on media center and video is choppy and freezes.  My hubby went and got an external hard drive and put media center to that to see if that would help.  It records to it but video and audio is still choppy and recordings now stop for no reason. The tv I recorded before the buzzing is fine.  The Dell rep wanted me to do a system restore since I have the external hard drive and he was very pushy about that would solve my problem.  I told him I would wait since he only checked two things.  He said it could be a software problem also.  I also did a system defrag which helped with the speed but not with media center. Any suggestions?     Dimension 5100 windows xp media center