Rebel9's Posts

Rebel9's Posts

"Hope you all are having a better day than I am..." Thanks - I'm having a great day! I've found that most times, you must actually ask a question before someone is able to give you an answer. If ... See more...
"Hope you all are having a better day than I am..." Thanks - I'm having a great day! I've found that most times, you must actually ask a question before someone is able to give you an answer. If you'd like to do that, someone may respond.
 Anybody else out there incapacitated by this fiasco ? Apparently there are quite a few users affected. See this site for POSSIBLE solutions. Edited to add: Have a look at these instr... See more...
 Anybody else out there incapacitated by this fiasco ? Apparently there are quite a few users affected. See this site for POSSIBLE solutions. Edited to add: Have a look at these instructions from BitDefender.
"Can anyone direct me to instructions on how to create a DVD restore disk set from the (D:) hard drive restore partition?" You cannot create a "restore" DVD from the restore partition.
Would this help?
Have a look at this thread.
No - Homegroups are strictly for Windows 7 computers. But that's not a problem. Simply set up your workgroup and shares as you did previously and everything will be fine.
Retail Versions of Office (i.e. those purchased from a retail outlet) can be installed on two machines. OEM versions (i.e. those purchased from Dell, HP, other OEM, etc.) are licensed for only one ma... See more...
Retail Versions of Office (i.e. those purchased from a retail outlet) can be installed on two machines. OEM versions (i.e. those purchased from Dell, HP, other OEM, etc.) are licensed for only one machine. This is especially painful for those who purchase the Student edition. The retail version can be installed on up to three computers, but if you buy it from an OEM, you are again restricted to the one machine. Many users are unaware of this restriction
I assume you're using Windows XP? If so, download and install this patch (patch for WPA), and then download and install this patch (patch fpr WPA2).
<Fn><Num Lk> You can download a copy of the owner's manual here.
"Most of the stuff you find in the store is junk, so you have to buy online to get the good stuff." So what brands "in the store" are junk, and what brands "online" are the "good stuff"??? What a v... See more...
"Most of the stuff you find in the store is junk, so you have to buy online to get the good stuff." So what brands "in the store" are junk, and what brands "online" are the "good stuff"??? What a very helpful response, considering what I can buy "in the store" is identical to what I can buy "online".
You have the "Num Lock" key turned on so that these keys act as a number pad rather than the normal character. Simply turn off the Num Lock key.
Phone Dell, inform them of the transfer of ownership, and they'll give you the required solution.
If you can prove to Dell that you own the machine (i.e. complete a transfer of ownership from the previous owner), then Dell will help you. If not, then you're out of luck.
And what exactly is an "ex_" file? Sounds like this is a file that has not yet been uncompressed.
You can't create another "restore" partition. What you can do however, is purchase a disk imaging program (such as ShadowProtect, Acronis True Image, Norton Ghost) and then create an image of your sy... See more...
You can't create another "restore" partition. What you can do however, is purchase a disk imaging program (such as ShadowProtect, Acronis True Image, Norton Ghost) and then create an image of your system to another physical hard drive.
If you cannot PROVE ownership (i.e. provide the previous owner's information and complete a transfer of ownership), then you are out of luck.
After you installed XP, did you then first install the Notebook System Software and the Chipset drivers?
Most Vista drivers will NOT work on XP. As Dell does not supply any drivers for XP, you'll have to go to the manufacturers' websites for each component for which you require drivers.
Hmmmm . . . . . Where does "Internet Options" appear in "Control Panel" ? Tools>Internet Options>Security tab perhaps ? ? ?
If you hover your mouse over the "Internet | Protected Mode:Off", you will see a tip that instructs you to "Double-click to change security settings".