nadalife's Posts

nadalife's Posts

another question for you tom on your good 1704fpt is white diplayed as pure white without a hint of another colour?  this will  help me to see mine is defective.   get some white paper up again... See more...
another question for you tom on your good 1704fpt is white diplayed as pure white without a hint of another colour?  this will  help me to see mine is defective.   get some white paper up against a pure white background on the monitor to see difference. use the display properties to change your background picture to (none) and the colour then to white.   you can get this by right clicking on your desktop , then chose properties then the desktop tab for these options.
 how bad is bad tom, very obvious discolouration? is it all colours or just white? do you have the american 13 millisecond responce time model or the european 12 millisecond model.   if its just ... See more...
 how bad is bad tom, very obvious discolouration? is it all colours or just white? do you have the american 13 millisecond responce time model or the european 12 millisecond model.   if its just one of your displays then you have complete justification in returning it for a new one, just explain that the difference is obvious between the two identical models and that it has nothing to do with the calabration of the monitor.
and yes now that you say it tom its more of a pink hue rather that yellow on mine aswell.
Hi tomhh, do both of your 1704fpt displays some kind of colour discolouration to white? or is it just one of them? because if one of them display pure white that would indicate a problem for me and... See more...
Hi tomhh, do both of your 1704fpt displays some kind of colour discolouration to white? or is it just one of them? because if one of them display pure white that would indicate a problem for me and for you. i have only the one 1704fpt so i have nothing to compare it too.  maybe we can figure out if its a fault or a "feature" for this model or not. thanks nadalife
thanks for the info i will try again. but i doubt it will have any affect as i have reaseated them a few times trying to solve this issue, also once when my motherboard was changed. also mate do ... See more...
thanks for the info i will try again. but i doubt it will have any affect as i have reaseated them a few times trying to solve this issue, also once when my motherboard was changed. also mate do you have an lcd, and if so do you notice any slight yellowish colour tint to white.
i saw that post abour a month ago, i then tested my ram with mem86 over a whole night to see if there was any problem. not one problem so i dont think that is the case for me. may be for other... See more...
i saw that post abour a month ago, i then tested my ram with mem86 over a whole night to see if there was any problem. not one problem so i dont think that is the case for me. may be for other people.
yes but it does not affect the white balance of the monitor. i cant get rid of the yellow tint by any means, including the ati control panel. i have tried it on another monitor, a crt , its white ... See more...
yes but it does not affect the white balance of the monitor. i cant get rid of the yellow tint by any means, including the ati control panel. i have tried it on another monitor, a crt , its white on that so its not the graphics card. thanks
i have the 1704fpt dell monitor and am wondering if anyone has seen in the own lcd monitors that white has a tint of a differant colour in it. mine has a tint of yellow to white making it look sort o... See more...
i have the 1704fpt dell monitor and am wondering if anyone has seen in the own lcd monitors that white has a tint of a differant colour in it. mine has a tint of yellow to white making it look sort of beige. is this normal for all lcds to have a slight tint of colour in white.  the problem with lcds in this regard being that the white level of the panel cant be changed like on a crt.
hi nicos im getting a reading of 68.0 degrees celcius. but since this never seems to change i doubt that it is a valid reading from the thermal sensor. i have been trying for some time now to find... See more...
hi nicos im getting a reading of 68.0 degrees celcius. but since this never seems to change i doubt that it is a valid reading from the thermal sensor. i have been trying for some time now to find a program that can read the thermal sensor on the 8400 motherboard but they all fail. also i have had my fan changed 3 times and this has done nothing. having my motherboard changed did reduce the noise from my fan but has not in anyway solved it. i live in ireland so this i a global problem it would appear.we also have to rely on the indian tech support :). what i would advise is to use a better thermal interface material than what dell uses, there thermal paste comes pre applied to the underneath of the heatsink ( all technicans i have had did not clean off the old paste before adding new heatsink ------this can cause more thermal resistance between the cpu and heatsink causing the cpu core to heat up more because there is too much paste there--so make them do it) .try something like artic silver 5 thermal paste and use isopropyll alcohol to clean off the old paste beforehand.
hey nicos, where within the sandra lite program did you get the cpu temp reading for the 8400.
an example if i scoll up and down a web page quickley and then stop , the fan will burst into speed for a second causing a very irritating whistle, very audable. cause this increases cpu usage f... See more...
an example if i scoll up and down a web page quickley and then stop , the fan will burst into speed for a second causing a very irritating whistle, very audable. cause this increases cpu usage for a second. this happens so often its driving me nuts.  
the overall noise that the fan makes is not really a problem for me, its these really muffled very audable  whistles coming from fan in cycles. i have toyed with getting a new fan but there are 3 p... See more...
the overall noise that the fan makes is not really a problem for me, its these really muffled very audable  whistles coming from fan in cycles. i have toyed with getting a new fan but there are 3 problems with doing  this for me. 1. putting it into the shroud casing without damaging the rubber grommets 2.dell motherboard has 4 pin fan connector, will cause fan failer message with new fan 3.cant find any fans with the depth of the installed fan.  
sometimes dan with a stuck pixel, a pixel permantley coloured, you can revive them by rubbing them for a while, but not too rough cause you dont want to damage the screen. good luck
sounds like a dead or stuck pixel, but it being gray sound a little different. if it is a dead pixel check dells dead pixel policey for that model (on certain models they allow a cartain ammount of d... See more...
sounds like a dead or stuck pixel, but it being gray sound a little different. if it is a dead pixel check dells dead pixel policey for that model (on certain models they allow a cartain ammount of dead pixels, meaning they wont replace it)  also mate never use any chemical solvent on your lcd screen, never use windex or anything rough like a towel youll destroy the screen
Since purchasing this computer I have been assaulted with the fluctuating, whining, high pitched emanating, whistling fan from a dimension of pure torment.   This fan will start to wh... See more...
Since purchasing this computer I have been assaulted with the fluctuating, whining, high pitched emanating, whistling fan from a dimension of pure torment.   This fan will start to whine if the CPU usage goes over 20 to 50 % but it would appear only if the cpu usage drops down lower again (this of course being an extremely common occurrence with computers). So for example if the cpu usage is at max 100% consistently then the fan wont whine, but if it drops down or fluctuates to a lower percentage then the fan will emit this extremely irritating high pitched whine. Also interesting to note is that while at 100% the fan does not noticeably speed up by any degree only revving up for a second when not of any real use. I have had the motherboard replaced which did help ( in the sense that the original motherboard had the fan whining persistently even under 0% cpu usage) but has not in any way solved the problem. I have had 2 fan replacements, a heat sink replacement and after my computer being in a service depot for 2 weeks they only replaced a hard drive which had nothing wrong with it (I had previously tested the drives) and sent the whining thing back to me not repaired. also have tried using artic silver 5 thermal paste, no use. I can not find a solution to this and I may seem that dell don’t know what it is either, to be honest I may think that it is a badly engineered motherboard, especially in conjunction with that worthless smart fan technology, bad move. Anyone else have any idea in what direction I should look for this problems origin, im getting kind of sick of the service calls and changing the fan.
thanks mate i didnt know what vsync was, i had to turn it on at the control panel to get it to work. i was trying in the games before but it did nothing cause it was turned off at the control panel. ... See more...
thanks mate i didnt know what vsync was, i had to turn it on at the control panel to get it to work. i was trying in the games before but it did nothing cause it was turned off at the control panel. i certainley helped get rid of that obnoxious tearing, not totaly but very close. life saver mate, cheers
 i am having a consistent problem with my x800 xt on the dim8400. when playing a game (any game) and look horizontally it causes small breaks in the graphics, like sharp obtrusions in buildings or... See more...
 i am having a consistent problem with my x800 xt on the dim8400. when playing a game (any game) and look horizontally it causes small breaks in the graphics, like sharp obtrusions in buildings or generally anything in close perspective. makes movement very non-smooth.but if i look up and down this causes no problems. otherwise the games run fine, perfect framerate and all that.  i have tried a few different drivers, using driver cleaner to remove the previous ones, but to no avail. this also happens in the lowest res, texture , shadow rates that i can get these games to go down to. i have seen this happen in  an alienware area-51m on doom3 that i owned for a short period, but that craped out after2 days so i cant really rely on that for comparision.  i have used the diagnostics utils but mostly only get a big white line flickering up and down the screen, but i think thats cause its a digital lcd screen. dont see those utils being any good for diagnosing video issues anyhow.  also when i switch to the analog out put on the card i get an lot of discoloration in the top right hand side of the screen, seen on two monitors.but is bang on in windows on the digital input.   i dont know if this video corruption is normal for pcs bur it is very annoying, up until this point i had only a dim 2400 which there was no point playing games with.   one thing that i have noticed is that in windows xp on any computer, when you drag a window from left to right you get a simular effect but only a much smaller version of that effect. if you look closely you will see the side of the window break a little , flicker if thats what you would call it. using the display properties window is a prime example of this. its just an awfull  lot bigger during a game.  
 Ya  thanks for that jake, i came accross that yesterday doing a search on the internet. also thanks to the dell rep,using the omega drivers seems to have diminished the amount of this happens ... See more...
 Ya  thanks for that jake, i came accross that yesterday doing a search on the internet. also thanks to the dell rep,using the omega drivers seems to have diminished the amount of this happens for me, but not completely.   Message Edited by nadalife on 12-10-2004 01:55 PM Message Edited by nadalife on 12-10-2004 01:55 PM
does anyone else have a problem with half-life2 skipping in audio and video on the x800 xt on the 8400. i just got this computer 2 days ago. i have been reading threads about this problem with hl2 bu... See more...
does anyone else have a problem with half-life2 skipping in audio and video on the x800 xt on the 8400. i just got this computer 2 days ago. i have been reading threads about this problem with hl2 but i was just wondering is it affecting this dimension model or is it just something that i have installed in the software department or maybe a configuration setting.