RackSolutions's Posts

RackSolutions's Posts

The Dell SKUs for the R710 and R410 rails that are compatible with threaded hole racks are: R710: A2993121 - Full Slide Rail R410: A3211789 - Non-Sliding Rail If you have any questions please d... See more...
The Dell SKUs for the R710 and R410 rails that are compatible with threaded hole racks are: R710: A2993121 - Full Slide Rail R410: A3211789 - Non-Sliding Rail If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.   Will Beene
The standard installation depth for Dell equipment is 28 7/8".  This is the distance from the front upright in the rack to the rear upright (where the square holes are). PE R710 has a mounting dep... See more...
The standard installation depth for Dell equipment is 28 7/8".  This is the distance from the front upright in the rack to the rear upright (where the square holes are). PE R710 has a mounting depth range of 27 1/4" to 29 3/4" and an overall depth of 35 3/8" PE 2950 has a mounting depth range of 26 15/16" to 29 5/16" and an overall depth of 35 3/16" PE 1850 has a non-slide rail design completely different from the PE2950 and R710. Definately choose the 36" deep rack and make sure the installation depth is set at 29".  If the rack does not provide square hole mounting you will require an alternative rail kit for the R710.  Give me a call if you have any questions. Will Beene  
RapidRails PE2600 - 310-2797 RapidRails PE2850 - 310-5890 Rapid/Versa Rails PE2950 - 310-8194 We don't have any of these available.  We do however have some alternative solutions.  Give me a ca... See more...
RapidRails PE2600 - 310-2797 RapidRails PE2850 - 310-5890 Rapid/Versa Rails PE2950 - 310-8194 We don't have any of these available.  We do however have some alternative solutions.  Give me a call if you have any questions Will Beene 
This is comparing two totally different things, a Server Cabinet Door Latch and a latch that secures a server in a cabinet.  That being said, please don't confuse the following for anything to do wit... See more...
This is comparing two totally different things, a Server Cabinet Door Latch and a latch that secures a server in a cabinet.  That being said, please don't confuse the following for anything to do with a Server Cabinet Latch. The R710 uses a set of Slam Latches on the sides of the faceplate along with a set of screws.  The screws are an augmentation for the Slam Latches.  There is no way to replace these Slam Latches without removing the face plate of the chassis.  There are 3rd Party Rail Kits available for the R710 (Dell SKU: A2936022) but these kits utilize the Slam Latches the same way as the Dell Ready Rails. Give me a call and let's discuss what your problem is Will Beene 
There are two suppliers that manufacture latches that will work: Dirak and Emka.  Give one of their sales reps a call and they can determine what model of latches will be compatible. Will Beene
One of the most common issues with installing equipment into a Sun Rack is the rear attachment of the rails.  The Sun Rack has a side attachment in back which is incompatible with Dell Rails.  I woul... See more...
One of the most common issues with installing equipment into a Sun Rack is the rear attachment of the rails.  The Sun Rack has a side attachment in back which is incompatible with Dell Rails.  I would recommend a generic 3U fixed rail (Dell SKU: A0137232).  This kit can be attached to the side of the Sun Rack.  This is not a documented feature so give me a call and I can provide you with the simple procedure. Will Beene
The back two shoulder screws on the 2650 and 2850 match, however the front shoulder screws do not line up.  The front shoulder screw on the 2850 was moved 1/10" which is enough to prevent you from us... See more...
The back two shoulder screws on the 2650 and 2850 match, however the front shoulder screws do not line up.  The front shoulder screw on the 2850 was moved 1/10" which is enough to prevent you from using the same rail kits. PE2650: 310-1748 PE2850: 310-5890 PE2650 Kit Contents: Dell P/N Description Dell Description ON194 Cable Management Arm for Dell Rapid-Rail Slides KIT,RAIL,RK,CMA ASSY,2U,P2650 1P988 Nylon Tie Straps STRA,CBL,10.5,TIE-WRAP,RMVBL 4M360 Left, Rapid-Rail Slide KIT,RACK,RPD-RAIL,LF,P2650 6M364 Right, Rapid Rail Slide KIT,RACK,RPD-RAIL,RT,P2650 7M509 LED indicator cable ASSY,LED,RK,CCLP,REAR 5G382 Installation Manual for Dell RapidRail Slide kit GDE,RACK,INSTL,P2650,WW 1R878 Quick Installation Guide for Dell Rapid-Rail Slide kit PLCMT,RACK,PE26950,WW  Unfortunately I do not have the kit contents for the PE2850 readily available.  If you need it give me a call and I'll see what I can do. Will Beene 
The R200 Ready Rail has an installation depth range of: 27 1/4" to 29 3/4" The overall mounting depth of the entire assembly is 35 3/8" The PE1950 Universal Rail has an installation depth range of: ... See more...
The R200 Ready Rail has an installation depth range of: 27 1/4" to 29 3/4" The overall mounting depth of the entire assembly is 35 3/8" The PE1950 Universal Rail has an installation depth range of: 26 5/16" to 29 9/16"  The overal mounting depth of this assembly is 36 1/2" I don't know the exact dimensions of the PV NF500 but it's close to the same. All the standard Dell Rail Kits are compatible with Square Hole Racks, so your good there.  Your issue is that you have a shallow and a deep rack, both of which are outside the installation depth range of the rail kits.  There are several options available to resolve this issue.  There is a complete assortment of brackets that will extend your shallow rack as well as reduce your deep rack to within the range of the Dell Rail Kits.  Another solution is to use a generic rail kit that has an installation depth range that will work with your rack.  Either of these solutions will work very well.   If you have any questions give me a call. Will Beene 
You have two issues, installation depth and an obstruction caused by the shape of your rack post.  Both of these can be easily resolved with a set of adapter brackets.  This solution will allow  you ... See more...
You have two issues, installation depth and an obstruction caused by the shape of your rack post.  Both of these can be easily resolved with a set of adapter brackets.  This solution will allow  you to use your Dell Rail Kits.   The first bracket that you will need is 9.7" long, P/N: 2UBRK-000C-6.  The second bracket that you will need is 2" long, P/N: 2UBRK-200-FULL.  Your Rack is 17" deep + 9.7" + 2" = 28.7" of installation depth wich is within the range of your Dell Rail Kit.  These brackets will also bypass the obstruction points on your rack.  The one issue is that your server is not centered in your rack.  There are other bracket options that will get it closer to center, but this combination is the most simple solution.   Give me a call if you have any questions.   Will Beene 
There are several types of keyboard that will fit, but are not the exact ones that Dell uses.  I would recommend you look at the selection from SolidTek.   Give me a call if you have any question... See more...
There are several types of keyboard that will fit, but are not the exact ones that Dell uses.  I would recommend you look at the selection from SolidTek.   Give me a call if you have any questions.   Will Beene
The PE1950 and PE2950 have a Universal Rail Kit that supports both square and round hole racks.  There is no longer seperate rail kits for the different holes for this line of servers.  The Dell P/N'... See more...
The PE1950 and PE2950 have a Universal Rail Kit that supports both square and round hole racks.  There is no longer seperate rail kits for the different holes for this line of servers.  The Dell P/N's that your account rep will use to order these kits are: PE1950 Universal Rail Kit: 310-8160 PE2950 Universal Rail Kit: 310-8194 If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me. Will Beene 
There are several options available from small adapter brackets to 3rd Party Rails that will extend to the depth that you need.  Your Dell Account rep. can order these for you using the following P/N... See more...
There are several options available from small adapter brackets to 3rd Party Rails that will extend to the depth that you need.  Your Dell Account rep. can order these for you using the following P/Ns. 1U Adapter Brackets: Dell SKU A0013646 1U Generic Rail Kit: Dell SKU A0137220 If these don't resolve your issue please don't hesitate to call me. Will Beene 
There are some 3rd Pary Cable Management Arms available that don't take up as much space as the Dell CMA's. Give me a call if you have any questions. Will Beene
I examined what I think is the same type of rack you are describing.  It's impossible to tell what the 4 large screws that hold the top screw in too.  The top of the rack frame prevents accessing the... See more...
I examined what I think is the same type of rack you are describing.  It's impossible to tell what the 4 large screws that hold the top screw in too.  The top of the rack frame prevents accessing the screws from the inside.  I don't think a large screw driver is going to budge those, you may have to use an impact driver.  If the screws have a nut on the inside then it will make things even more difficult.   There are lots of 3rd party fan trays availabe that will mount in the back of the rack.  Are you certain that you are having a cooling issue? Give me a call if you have any questions. Will Beene 
See if there is a number on the front of the lock, if it says 361 we may be able to help.   Give me a call. Will Beene
I would not mount a 132lb device on rails designed to mount a 76lb device.  You should consider the 3U Fixed Rail, Dell SKU: A0137232.  This kit is rated at 200lb capacity.   If you have any ques... See more...
I would not mount a 132lb device on rails designed to mount a 76lb device.  You should consider the 3U Fixed Rail, Dell SKU: A0137232.  This kit is rated at 200lb capacity.   If you have any questions please call me.   Will Beene
You can use a 1U Generic Static Rail.  Your Dell Account Rep. can order it for you use the Dell SKU: A0389974. This kit will centermount or flushmount the R300.    Call me if you have any questio... See more...
You can use a 1U Generic Static Rail.  Your Dell Account Rep. can order it for you use the Dell SKU: A0389974. This kit will centermount or flushmount the R300.    Call me if you have any questions. Will Beene
I have not been able to even find this side panel listed anywhere.  I have even called Rittal, the manufacturer's of the rack.  There are a few alternatives that you may want to consider.  The first ... See more...
I have not been able to even find this side panel listed anywhere.  I have even called Rittal, the manufacturer's of the rack.  There are a few alternatives that you may want to consider.  The first one one is to use some black packing foam and seal the sides off yourself.  You won't even be able to see the foam if you place it back a little.  This option will coast you less than $10.  The second option is to have the piece made at a sheet metal shop.  We can do it but it will be more than $10, alot more.  Dell, HP, and IBM don't make Racks, they just rebrand somebody's elses Rack.  So going to a different Server Manufacturer because you don't like their Rack Support is not going to improve your situation.  We support all of them and believe me it's not going to get any better.   
Are both of those Dell Racks?
There are a bunch of posts on this error and the fix is relatively simple if you can get access to the system directory.  When I'm in the Repair Console I'm never prompted for the admin password and ... See more...
There are a bunch of posts on this error and the fix is relatively simple if you can get access to the system directory.  When I'm in the Repair Console I'm never prompted for the admin password and the Logon command does not prompt me either.  I just get dropped to the command prompt.   When I attempt to replace the vgaoem.fon file I get access denied.  How do I get past this?    18 Dec. The Hard Drive failed and had to be replaced.