peteostro's Posts

peteostro's Posts

Having a weird issue with the Latitude E7440. I added the drivers to MDT using the dell cab drivers for windows 7 x64 Windows 7 X64 OS installs fine but when I go to device manager there is no wifi... See more...
Having a weird issue with the Latitude E7440. I added the drivers to MDT using the dell cab drivers for windows 7 x64 Windows 7 X64 OS installs fine but when I go to device manager there is no wifi module listed, and the OS does not see any wifi device. I checked the bios and it shows there is a wifi chip and made sure wifi is on in the bios and the wireless switch is on the correct position. Bluetooth is showing up in the device manager. Looking at MDT logs it sees the Wifi device and copies to driver down to the system, show it should install during windows setup but does not. If run the Dell Wireless 1601 WiFi/BT Driver (from dells web site) install it, it says there is not device. but then asks me to reboot. When i reboot the wifi device then shows up. Not sure whats going on. I also used dism to install Windows 7 Kernel Mode Driver Framework 1.11 to make sure it was not something with the driver installer but that did not make a difference. 
Yes. On the main screen there are movie posters and links to rent them plus allot of other junk. I need to remove this.  
When you launch power DVD 9.5 the main screen is littered with AD's to rent movies, a sign in section for movie Live and the top 10 most viewed movies for the week. Is there any way to remove this ... See more...
When you launch power DVD 9.5 the main screen is littered with AD's to rent movies, a sign in section for movie Live and the top 10 most viewed movies for the week. Is there any way to remove this junk? This is appearing on the Power DVD 9.5 bundled with the latitude E6420 which is designed for Enterprise deployments. I do not want our users view these AD's.  
Will you support the latitude 13 model with Cab files?
I am having  the same issue. after installing 10.3 I do an update check and it tells me there is an update. I download and try to install it but it says I do not have 10.3 installed. I went the my de... See more...
I am having  the same issue. after installing 10.3 I do an update check and it tells me there is an update. I download and try to install it but it says I do not have 10.3 installed. I went the my dell downloads page and 10.3 is not listed, only power dvd 8.3.1 Doing a search around I found in the roxio forum that this error is happening because its an OEM version http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=60227 The update is only applicable for retail version. The blurb in the software update page says: You must own a valid copy of the full, retail version of Easy Media Creator 10. If you did not purchase a retail copy, this update will not work for any other version of Easy Media Creator So how do I get this update?  
I have roxio creator DE 10.3 installed. when i do a check update it says it found a critical update : Roxio Creator DE 10.3 Important Update for Dell - Nov 2009 * I downloaded the update ... See more...
I have roxio creator DE 10.3 installed. when i do a check update it says it found a critical update : Roxio Creator DE 10.3 Important Update for Dell - Nov 2009 * I downloaded the update and tried to install it but it says software not found. Nothing I do installs it.
I have an update. We worked with some top people at dell on this issue for a while. For us it came to an issue with McAfee 8.5. To fix this we delayed auto started McAfee services (Delayed auto start... See more...
I have an update. We worked with some top people at dell on this issue for a while. For us it came to an issue with McAfee 8.5. To fix this we delayed auto started McAfee services (Delayed auto start is a Vista setting that loads all other services first then the delayed start services, in this case these were McAfee framework service, McAfee McSheild & McAfee Task Manager) The blue screens are now gone.
I have a couple of e6400 systems here that are getting the same error. I have the 1007 driver. When this error occurs sometimes the cd/dvd drive disappears from the system and it has to be rebooted b... See more...
I have a couple of e6400 systems here that are getting the same error. I have the 1007 driver. When this error occurs sometimes the cd/dvd drive disappears from the system and it has to be rebooted before they show up again.Also files seem like they are getting corrupted, I am getting some .dll errors after this has occurred. Looking for some support on this issue from DELL      
Any one else having this issue. I have done all the leatest bios updates, Driver updates, and windows updates and were still having this issue.   Some one else posted on this same error on anothe... See more...
Any one else having this issue. I have done all the leatest bios updates, Driver updates, and windows updates and were still having this issue.   Some one else posted on this same error on another web board: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?p=4309589#post4309589   No fix yet  
Well its not HD failure or memory, Checked both and passed their tests fine. Also unless dell quailty has gone down the tube, I doubt this happening on 10 systems has to do with hardware malfunction.... See more...
Well its not HD failure or memory, Checked both and passed their tests fine. Also unless dell quailty has gone down the tube, I doubt this happening on 10 systems has to do with hardware malfunction.   GDI error is an XP thing, and this is Vista enterpirse   I'm pretty sure its the Intel's AHCI drivers causing this, along with dells bios. If I switch to ATA or IRRT this issue seems to go away. (so far anyway) I have use AHCI on past dell systems & vista with out a problem, but it look like these E-Seires isnt playing nice with it.              
I have a bunch of e6400's here some with a nvidia chip/web cam/blue tooth, some with out. I'm getting the same random Blue screen on the systems 0x0000008e CI.Dll It randomly happens on all systems,... See more...
I have a bunch of e6400's here some with a nvidia chip/web cam/blue tooth, some with out. I'm getting the same random Blue screen on the systems 0x0000008e CI.Dll It randomly happens on all systems, I thought this might have to do with sysprep. but today I was setting up a e4300 (light weight) it has basically the same chip set as the e6400. Installed Vista off the DVD and loaded all the dell drivers and MS updates. On boot up today it blue screened with that same error. There is something definitely going on and I doubt its hardware since this has happened on over 10 systems already. There are no mini/memory dump files created so Its very hard to trouble shoot whats going on. Any log files I can look at that could help?
I used verifier and it tells me that It did not find any unsigned drivers.
I have the embassy trust suite manager installed on my e6400 vista image. Every time a new user account is logged into the Wave systems embassy trust suite pops up and asks the user to agree with ... See more...
I have the embassy trust suite manager installed on my e6400 vista image. Every time a new user account is logged into the Wave systems embassy trust suite pops up and asks the user to agree with terms of service and if they want to set up a fingerprint scanner module (there’s no finger print scanner on these systems) Is there a configuration file that can be created to stop these programs from popping up?
I’m getting a Blue screen after I sysprep a e6400 system. It gets part way through the setup process and just before the oobe asks to create a user name and password the system blue screens with a... See more...
I’m getting a Blue screen after I sysprep a e6400 system. It gets part way through the setup process and just before the oobe asks to create a user name and password the system blue screens with a 08e stop error in CI.dll.  If i let the computer sit there after about 3 or 4 reboots it will finally get to the setup screen to create a user name and password and then finish the set up and boot fine into the OS. There are no DMP files created.   This system does not have a webcam and has the Intel graphics chip.