BelFrank's Posts

BelFrank's Posts

I built a new computer recently, the first one after 20 years of buying prebuilt pc's. I intend to keep my Aurora R4 and to store it somewhere safe. I already removed the batteries and stored ... See more...
I built a new computer recently, the first one after 20 years of buying prebuilt pc's. I intend to keep my Aurora R4 and to store it somewhere safe. I already removed the batteries and stored it in its original packaging. Is there something else I should remove like the mainboard battery or maybe the AIO?
Should work. I have a 4930K installed, overclocked to 3.9Ghz and running stable for over a year.
Hi, Anyone have any experience with replacing the CPU/HDD & PCI fans with more quiet counterparts? My Aurora R4 is located in the living room and everyone is complaining about the fan noise w... See more...
Hi, Anyone have any experience with replacing the CPU/HDD & PCI fans with more quiet counterparts? My Aurora R4 is located in the living room and everyone is complaining about the fan noise when it's rendering movies or batch processing RAW images. The most noise comes from the CPU cooler. I intend to replace that one with a Corsair H80i (if I can find one). Next, the PCI & HDD fans will be replaced to. But I wonder if the Noctua's are compatible with the Aurora's cable connectors.
I don't know if this helps but I had similar issues when I upgraded to Crucial Ballstix ram. The PC would freeze at random when playing games or while executing memory intensive apps. I then fo... See more...
I don't know if this helps but I had similar issues when I upgraded to Crucial Ballstix ram. The PC would freeze at random when playing games or while executing memory intensive apps. I then found the R4 could have issues when using the default SPD profiles so I entered the ram specifications manually in bios and since then no freezing.
I have a Titan X installed and it fits, no issues at all. 
Could this be memory related. I had the same issue when changing the standard memory to Crucial Ballistix memory (4 x 4Gb). I experienced random freezes when in Windows or games. I did a bios r... See more...
Could this be memory related. I had the same issue when changing the standard memory to Crucial Ballistix memory (4 x 4Gb). I experienced random freezes when in Windows or games. I did a bios reset to default settings and changed the ram voltage to 1.5volts. The computer is now running rock solid for over a month.
I have the same problem, but with an Aurora R4 (NVidia Titan X) & Dell P2415Q (mDP). Switch on the computer first and second, real quick, the monitor. Like someone mentioned in the Alienware Ar... See more...
I have the same problem, but with an Aurora R4 (NVidia Titan X) & Dell P2415Q (mDP). Switch on the computer first and second, real quick, the monitor. Like someone mentioned in the Alienware Arena forums, it's a handshake issue between computer and monitor.
As  a last resort, do the upgrade and perform a clean install afterwards (in Windows 10). I have no issues whatsoever. I did the upgrade, it took some time but I haven't ran into issues.
There are a few things to try: - power drain, unplug it and press and hold the power button for at least 10 seconds - run ePSA and perform diagnostics to reset the MIO board (helped in my cas... See more...
There are a few things to try: - power drain, unplug it and press and hold the power button for at least 10 seconds - run ePSA and perform diagnostics to reset the MIO board (helped in my case) - uninstall Alienware CC, reboot and reinstall again.
Hi Karen, Did so already. I will try to send it again this evening (CET).
Any news? I've read the complete topic on 'x51 - wifi issues' and I'm afraid it is the same/similar issue. Meanwhile, I bought an USB wifi stick (Cisco/Linksys AE1000) and I now have more accep... See more...
Any news? I've read the complete topic on 'x51 - wifi issues' and I'm afraid it is the same/similar issue. Meanwhile, I bought an USB wifi stick (Cisco/Linksys AE1000) and I now have more acceptable wifi speeds.
I have exactly the same issue. Mine was delivered yesterday and the wifi speed is dreadfully slow  My old XPS has no issues.
Does your XPS420 still have the stock/standard PSU? Mine was having the same behaviour when I replaced the standard 8800 GT with a 3870x2. Going back to the 8800 solved the issues I was having. I... See more...
Does your XPS420 still have the stock/standard PSU? Mine was having the same behaviour when I replaced the standard 8800 GT with a 3870x2. Going back to the 8800 solved the issues I was having. I'm trying a 5700 series card next month. The 5800 series draw to much power from the stock PSU, the previous generation 4800 series are even worse. If you still have the original Dell graphics card and it is having the same behaviour, call Dell asap. Frank
Hi all,   I received a new XPS 420 this week, with the optional PCIe internal wifi card. It came with Vista Home Premium preinstalled. Most of the time, the 420 is having problems identifying t... See more...
Hi all,   I received a new XPS 420 this week, with the optional PCIe internal wifi card. It came with Vista Home Premium preinstalled. Most of the time, the 420 is having problems identifying the network. It can connect to the router (Linksys WRT160N) but it can't connect to the internet. It keeps identifying the network and receives an IP like 169... Ipconfig /release and /renew won't work.   An XPS720 sitting next to it, has no problem. My laptop hasn't got a problem either.   I'm running Avast free edition, using Vista firewall. IPV6 is disabled, so I'm think I'm out of options.    
Does anyone happen to know a compatible PCI network Draft N card which will work with a XPS 710? I tried:   - Linksys WMP300N V2: unstable Vista drivers, causes BSOD's in Vista while trying to c... See more...
Does anyone happen to know a compatible PCI network Draft N card which will work with a XPS 710? I tried:   - Linksys WMP300N V2: unstable Vista drivers, causes BSOD's in Vista while trying to connect to a network. Tried both available PCI slots but I can't get it to work.   - Netgear WN311T: seems to work stable, but after one hour, the connection drops to 2Mbps (I have 20Mbit cable).   I'm using a Linksys WRT300N V2 (europe) router. I tried both N and G (N disabled). But the connection remains very slow. And ofcourse, after appr. one hour: 2Mbit.   I've read somewhere that PCI network cards with an Atheros chipset aren't compatible with NVIDIA chipsets. Weither this is true I don't know.   My setup: Dell XPS 710, QX6700, 2Gb ram, 2x320Gb Raid 1, 74Gb WD Raptor, SB XiFi.    
Hi all,   I ordered a new XPS 710 one week ago (about to is Asus a good choice?   The 8800GTX is a big card, will there be any place left to add a PCI wireless network card?   Thanks for you... See more...
Hi all,   I ordered a new XPS 710 one week ago (about to is Asus a good choice?   The 8800GTX is a big card, will there be any place left to add a PCI wireless network card?   Thanks for your input!