fharris2519's Posts

fharris2519's Posts

I am a new user of XP Pro.  When I am on the user log-on screen, the number of unread e-mails for each user displays.  How do I get rid of this notification.  (I'm a MSN account with DSL).  Also,  whe... See more...
I am a new user of XP Pro.  When I am on the user log-on screen, the number of unread e-mails for each user displays.  How do I get rid of this notification.  (I'm a MSN account with DSL).  Also,  when I go to the User accounts I see a user named ASP.NET with password protection  --  I did not set up this user!! Where did it come from and should I delete??
Thanks for the info.  My "some people" was a sales person at Best Buy.  I can save some $ by going with the less expensive equipment.
I have used a Linksys 4port wired router for my home network for about two years with no problems.  I now am looking at purchasing a Wireless router and notebook card to add my laptop to the network.... See more...
I have used a Linksys 4port wired router for my home network for about two years with no problems.  I now am looking at purchasing a Wireless router and notebook card to add my laptop to the network. I have looked at Liknsys 802.11b and 802.11g systems.  The "g" is suppose to be 5 times faster than the "b".  Some people have told me it isn't necessary to purchase the "g" because my DSL service is actually "slower" than the speed of the "b" router thus the additional speed of the "g" would be a waste. I would appreciate any feedback regarding this issue.  Additionally, any pro's or con's on the linksys wireless router would be helpful.