Denny Denham's Posts

Denny Denham's Posts

bbarnes87, For PC Restore procedures go here.
carlos927, Dell can't offer much. If by "reboot my computer" you mean reinstall Windows XP, go here.
merlin06, For individual *.dbx files see this.
keithinoz, The procedures here are the ones I used to slipstream SP2 with my Dell OEM XP CD.
jimJam1, For the email, see this. The second question is to general for a quick answer.
carol3710, To remove the Content Advisor password see this. If you are not familiar with editing the registry see this.
GREYFOX50, See this and if you are not copying all the message files, see this. Another option is to save individual messages using "Save As." This saves them as normal files which can be copie... See more...
GREYFOX50, See this and if you are not copying all the message files, see this. Another option is to save individual messages using "Save As." This saves them as normal files which can be copied individually and will open in OE when double-clicked. Message Edited by Denny Denham on 10-04-2006 12:50 PM
merlin06, See if this is any help.
DaBronxBomber89, Dell does not offer any trade-in program.
coachclive, Only trouble is - the file is too large to fit on a CD. I look at the WD support site and they mention the likely cause - that the i386 directory is too large if it is an OEM installed ... See more...
coachclive, Only trouble is - the file is too large to fit on a CD. I look at the WD support site and they mention the likely cause - that the i386 directory is too large if it is an OEM installed version of Windows XP (like DELL uses). Many seem to be under the impression that Dell's OEM XP CD differs from a retail version. That is simply not the case. The I386 directory is exactly the same as on the retail version. There must be a different cause of your difficulty.
deadlol, Short of purchasing a new copy of XP, contact Dell at one of the links in this post and request an XP reinstallation CD.
paulab1319, Dell does not make recovery disks, but rather furnishes XP reinstallation CDs. Contact Dell at one of the links in this post and request an XP reinstallation CD.
tirius, If the system displays the Welcome screen with only the guest account shown try loggin on as System Administrator and see if somehow your administrator account has been deleted. Log on to ... See more...
tirius, If the system displays the Welcome screen with only the guest account shown try loggin on as System Administrator and see if somehow your administrator account has been deleted. Log on to Windows in Safe Mode. At the Welcome screen press Ctrl-Alt-Delete twice. At the sign-in screen enter Administrator and leave the password blank. If you are not able to log on using a blank password, the program here can set it to blank. Once you are logged on as system administrator you can go to Start|Control Panel|User Accounts and remove or reset the password on your named administrator account. If the sytem does not display the Welcome screen go to Start|Run, enter control userpasswords2 and click OK and on the dialog that opens check "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer."
uschohk, See if this helps.
dan.miller, PC Restore instructions can be found here. Contact Dell at one of the links in this post and request an XP reinstallation CD. Message Edited by Denny Denham on 10-02-2006 ... See more...
dan.miller, PC Restore instructions can be found here. Contact Dell at one of the links in this post and request an XP reinstallation CD. Message Edited by Denny Denham on 10-02-2006 12:07 PM
@ricky_bennett wrote: i thank you can up grade with the full one too cant you?? No.
dotwarner, Log on to Windows in Safe Mode. At the Welcome screen press Ctrl-Alt-Delete twice. At the sign-in screen enter Administrator and leave the password blank. If you are not able to log o... See more...
dotwarner, Log on to Windows in Safe Mode. At the Welcome screen press Ctrl-Alt-Delete twice. At the sign-in screen enter Administrator and leave the password blank. If you are not able to log on using a blank password, the program here can set it to blank. Once you are logged on as system administrator you can go to Start|Control Panel|User Accounts and remove or reset the password on your named administrator account.
anigma, See if this helps.
jimroyale, Standby has historically not been a reliable mode on desktop systems. If it works it can be used but the standard advice is that if it once fails it is a waste of time to try to recover... See more...
jimroyale, Standby has historically not been a reliable mode on desktop systems. If it works it can be used but the standard advice is that if it once fails it is a waste of time to try to recover it and the best course of action is to simply not use it but rather to set the hard drive and monitor to power down after a period of inactivity the user selects.
wwvalleybilly, If you reinstalled Windows you modified the Master Boot Record, so PC Restore is not now available to you. You can recover it using the procedures described here. Once it has been ... See more...
wwvalleybilly, If you reinstalled Windows you modified the Master Boot Record, so PC Restore is not now available to you. You can recover it using the procedures described here. Once it has been recovered, the procedure for using it is here.