paolpaul's Posts

paolpaul's Posts

I just came from the Dell web site where there is            ONE         review on the 2408WFP, date 9/9/09. Anonymous from Madison Wi says:  "My organization has three of these monitors. Two have ... See more...
I just came from the Dell web site where there is            ONE         review on the 2408WFP, date 9/9/09. Anonymous from Madison Wi says:  "My organization has three of these monitors. Two have been replaced due to defect and the third is starting to exhibit the same symptoms of the other two. When it works, it's a great monitor! Lots of flexibility on the inputs, beautiful display. Perhaps trying to be everything to everyone has hurt the quality of this product. When it doesn't work, it enters power save and won't wake." I was ready to buy after a looooooong review of like models but unless I get some kind of explanation.... Also, As I remember... Amazon doesn't have any reviews either?   Curious. . . . .
Solution for: “Vista Service Pack 2 fails installation” Error: 80070002 This is the solution I found. 1.     Download the appropriate Service Pack 2 for your operating system. In ... See more...
Solution for: “Vista Service Pack 2 fails installation” Error: 80070002 This is the solution I found. 1.     Download the appropriate Service Pack 2 for your operating system. In my case it was Vista Home Premium (32 bit). Windows6.0-KB948465-X86.exe  at  http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a4dd31d5-f907-4406-9012-a5c3199ea2b3&displaylang=en  Don’t try to run it from the download page.   2.     Download “ System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista” at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821 3.     Run the Readiness Tool from your computer. THEN , run Service Pack 2.  
Uh... me too. My other computer on my network, running XP Pro has zero problems. At one time I had loaded IE Explorer 8 on that computer and had lots of problems. Can't remember how I got rid o... See more...
Uh... me too. My other computer on my network, running XP Pro has zero problems. At one time I had loaded IE Explorer 8 on that computer and had lots of problems. Can't remember how I got rid of it. I have the setup file from my XP Pro computer but it wont let me load it on my Vista (hated program) system 'cause it already has "a newer program", one that was loaded by Dell without my permission. I tried to uninstall IE Explorer but it isn't listed in Control Panel and I'm afraid if I delete the whole directory I'll lose my files and it will still show a "Present" tag to the new program (IE 7) I'm trying to re-load.  I'm using Google Chrome to enter this message. I wish it was easier to use, and recognizabe by web sites, like my bank... I'd never look back. Well, I'm certain this must be a common problem but as usual.... there is no solution readily available. HELP! ooooops... Just remembered. I DO have a back up program. JUST MAYBE... I will be able to reload the old IE 7 program..... (Later) I did run backup for IE Explorer..... it appears my problem is fixed, but I don't know if it was from using backup to retore my browser, or the fact that I have been loading Explorer WITHOUT using RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR. For the moment, it works great! Solution: Right click and "Run as administrator".