C3PO5's Posts

C3PO5's Posts

Hi You can not update your bios from inside windows 64 bit because the bios are written in a16 bit FORMAT software , and 16 bit will not run on a 64 bit OS . you can run it from a 32 bit OS th... See more...
Hi You can not update your bios from inside windows 64 bit because the bios are written in a16 bit FORMAT software , and 16 bit will not run on a 64 bit OS . you can run it from a 32 bit OS tho or update it from a floppy drive in dos mode Good Luck
Hi RobinBredin The problem is {solved} with the XPS 430 that my dad bought, I got it to boot one time the bios was not seeing the hard drivers or not seeing them right, The bios version was A0... See more...
Hi RobinBredin The problem is {solved} with the XPS 430 that my dad bought, I got it to boot one time the bios was not seeing the hard drivers or not seeing them right, The bios version was A01 the newest so i downloaded the older version witch is A00 and reflashed it to A00 and his 430 started seeing the hard drives again . I used F8 to do the factory restore to Vista Ultimate 64 bit he got {all} of the extra software disks and hardware when he bought the 430 for {$80.00} that was a very good buy LOL ! I let it run several hous to do all of the new updates and remove some of the software he would never use i let it settle down again for several hours then did a flash back to bios A01 his new 430 is here with me he does not even know i have it running now i will call him in a few minutes to let him know he can come and get it . So we do not need a new motherboard now , but THANKS for looking up the link to the new ! You was very helpfull with your reply ! You have a very good day.
Hi RobinBredin Thanks for the link that was what i was looking for !! Yes my health is not that good right now , but i get here every time i get a chance or when i fell up to it ! See you aroun... See more...
Hi RobinBredin Thanks for the link that was what i was looking for !! Yes my health is not that good right now , but i get here every time i get a chance or when i fell up to it ! See you around .
Hi All My Dad bought a XPS 430 from a yard sale and the motherboard is bead , So i need to know where we can buy a new one ? It is just like the one i have but mine works LOL {all of the ram cpu... See more...
Hi All My Dad bought a XPS 430 from a yard sale and the motherboard is bead , So i need to know where we can buy a new one ? It is just like the one i have but mine works LOL {all of the ram cpu power supply fans works} i have checked EBAY i could not fine one there .The person he bought it from said he did a flash to the bios and it did not work ! Thanks for your help .
www.dell.com/.../DriversHome Hi Gary It would have helped to know what version of win 7 you have installed is it 32 bit or 64 bit ? If you go to the link above you will find Vista 32 bit or 64 ... See more...
www.dell.com/.../DriversHome Hi Gary It would have helped to know what version of win 7 you have installed is it 32 bit or 64 bit ? If you go to the link above you will find Vista 32 bit or 64 bit drivers for your card reader they should work for win 7 in 32/64 bit Look for it in chipset for Ricoh card reader ! There is no driver for win 7 just use the Vista 32/64 bit drivers  . Edit Rick is faster then i was sorry ! Good Luck
Hi steve9191 As far as i know there is no retail Vista with SP 2 DVD i think you can only get it with SP1
Hi Gatsu07 Do you have Dell data safe installed on your computer ? If you do you can not use that link to make your computer work ! And you do have to use a Dell Vista DVD disk to make it work ... See more...
Hi Gatsu07 Do you have Dell data safe installed on your computer ? If you do you can not use that link to make your computer work ! And you do have to use a Dell Vista DVD disk to make it work too.
Is it OK to swap the stick of RAM into any other socket? Hi Yes its OK to do that, what is the size of ram do you have now ? When you are just testing them it does not matter if it is paired o... See more...
Is it OK to swap the stick of RAM into any other socket? Hi Yes its OK to do that, what is the size of ram do you have now ? When you are just testing them it does not matter if it is paired or not.
Hi Jesse i think i was in the hospital along about that time , I was in for 4 months and the person that was doing my emails for me may have deleted it by mistake . Thanks Jerry
Thanks Jesse I will read it . EDIT the Link says Group not found when i click on it ???
How do i diconnect the power to my internal speakers without going inside of my laptop. Hi You can not do it they may be built on to the motherboad and there is no way to turn them OFF on the ou... See more...
How do i diconnect the power to my internal speakers without going inside of my laptop. Hi You can not do it they may be built on to the motherboad and there is no way to turn them OFF on the outside of the laptop ! Sorry for the bad news Good Luck.
But Smart Tests are failed. Is it necessary to change HDD? Hi sandy Yes it is time to get a new Hard drive ! Sorry for the bad news Good Luck
HI tlogio X 300XT BIOS P/N 133-A33437-102 is that all you get on your screen in the upper left and the screen is black when you boot your xps 400 ? . If it is that is your bioes for your video ... See more...
HI tlogio X 300XT BIOS P/N 133-A33437-102 is that all you get on your screen in the upper left and the screen is black when you boot your xps 400 ? . If it is that is your bioes for your video card . What i would do FIRST is unplug the power from the wall plugin and press the power button for about 20 seconds open the side of your 400 and start by removing the ram and just put one back in one at a time and check to see if your 400 will start , and it would not hurt to unplug your hard drives and the DVD drives   if it starts working you can add of them back in to get to windows ! I realy think you have a ram problem here. If you have video card you can remove it and just plug it back in just to make sure it is set right. If you try the above and your 400 does not work to windows you may have to replace the motherboard or buy a new computer ! Hope it all works for you . Good Luck
Hi cdcutilp That is good news , glade it work out for you. Good Luck
Thanks for the info.
Hi Jesse L Where did the VIP forum go ?
Hi Again one setting that will default to is the A:\ drive If you do not have one you have to turn it off and reset your bios time too !
Hi You should have removed the D:\ drive before you installed windows on your C:\ drive the D:\ has your boot files on it now and it will not let you format D:\ that is why it is active try instal... See more...
Hi You should have removed the D:\ drive before you installed windows on your C:\ drive the D:\ has your boot files on it now and it will not let you format D:\ that is why it is active try installing XP again but unplug your D:\ and make sure your data cable is going to your C:\ DRIVE FIRST after you do this you can plug your D:\ back in then format it Disk manager ! Good Luck
Hi cnr479 Your 5000 may be to old for win 7 but you can checking for video drivers for it in drivers and downloads if there is Vista 32 bit drivers you can run them in win 7 32 bit and they will wo... See more...
Hi cnr479 Your 5000 may be to old for win 7 but you can checking for video drivers for it in drivers and downloads if there is Vista 32 bit drivers you can run them in win 7 32 bit and they will work if you only have XP 32 bit driver you can try to run them in compatable mode for  XP SP 2 OR 3 worth a try if it does work the games in 7 may run very slow because the driver or the video card was not built for win 7 !! Good Luck
Hi Mistletoes I have a 8400 and the battery gave out on it a few days ago and it gave me all kinds of problems it said i had bad ram and other things so i replaced the battery + side up on it if ... See more...
Hi Mistletoes I have a 8400 and the battery gave out on it a few days ago and it gave me all kinds of problems it said i had bad ram and other things so i replaced the battery + side up on it if i remember right! I restarted the 8400 it still said i had bad ram so i took the ram out and tested each one one at a time by restarting my 8400 to see if would boot after 3 stick were checked the 4th one would not let it start , i checked it very close it looked like there some kind of buildup on it so i took 70 % alcohol and coffey filter and socked part of it in the alcohol and rubed the little copper fingers a little bit let it dry of about an hour then put it back in now my 8400 is running just FINE again ! And you have to unplug the power from the wall plug and press the power button for sveral seconds maybe 20 or so to make sure all of the extra voltege is gone , if you look inside of your 8400 you will see the metal sides you need to keep in contact with that so no stactic can buildup on your fingers while you work inside of your 8400 ! Good Luck Edit after you check what i have posted here we can check your bios settings OK ? becaues they will chang when you replace the battery !