nova1128's Posts

nova1128's Posts

Just got my refubrished Studio XPS in the mail yesterday, and I already got two Blue screens, but I believe they are the same exact problem. Here are both of them: #1 Problem signature:   Proble... See more...
Just got my refubrished Studio XPS in the mail yesterday, and I already got two Blue screens, but I believe they are the same exact problem. Here are both of them: #1 Problem signature:   Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen   OS Version:    6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3   Locale ID:    1033 Additional information about the problem:   BCCode:    50   BCP1:    FFFFFFFFFFFFFF8C   BCP2:    0000000000000000   BCP3:    FFFFF960001AAAD5   BCP4:    0000000000000000   OS Version:    6_0_6001   Service Pack:    1_0   Product:    768_1 Files that help describe the problem:   C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini062409-01.dmp   C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-74599-0.sysdata.xml   C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Temp\WER5C32.tmp.version.txt Read our privacy statement:   http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409 #2 Problem signature:   Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen   OS Version:    6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3   Locale ID:    1033 Additional information about the problem:   BCCode:    9f   BCP1:    0000000000000003   BCP2:    FFFFFA800789D4A0   BCP3:    FFFFFA800789D4A0   BCP4:    FFFFFA80097E3820   OS Version:    6_0_6001   Service Pack:    1_0   Product:    768_1 Files that help describe the problem:   C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini062509-01.dmp   C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-43103-0.sysdata.xml   C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Temp\WERB412.tmp.version.txt Read our privacy statement:   http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409 Any help would be appreciated
my bad, here they are: Dimension 4600. Windows XP Service pack 2 1.5 GB Ram [I forgot that I added those] ATI 9800 PRO 256Mhz Pentium 3 2.4Ghz and I think that's all of the important stuff?
History: After buying my dimension PC, I installed a brand new graphic card (ATI 9800 PRO) so that I could play more graphically intensive games, keep in mind that I did not replace anything else, ... See more...
History: After buying my dimension PC, I installed a brand new graphic card (ATI 9800 PRO) so that I could play more graphically intensive games, keep in mind that I did not replace anything else, so that means no new fan or power supply. Okay so for a while now, certain graphically intensive games end up crashing. games like oblivion and Sims 2: seasons (i assume because of the snow and rain) work fine in the beginning but in the end, it makes the screen go black and my monitor flashes a "NO SIGNAL". From all my tech savy friends, I have deduced that my graphic card is over heating and so in order to preserve itself, it crashes the computer. So now the NEW PROBLEM! I turned on my PC and all of the icons had these weird streaks or lines behind it. It seems as if my graphic card (or my PC?) does not understand shading anymore and so in order to create the illusion of shading, it makes the streaks behind the icon. So in order to remedy this problem, I updated the graphics card and set my PC on "For best performance", lo and behold I get owned! I restart my PC and now during the Windows start up [with the Bar and everything] it had these pale blue pixels going across, and not just like 10 or so, but like a 7 x 20 GRID of them. Moreover, my PC now does not understand scrolling. It moves the page as if they were seperate slides and they move slowly and choppily. And so that's it. So my question to the PC savy folks around here is simply, how do I fix this?
To answer your question about "legal" mp3 file downloads and what not....there really is none. Since ppl usually use these programs to download riped versions of tv or music, none are 100% legal. So y... See more...
To answer your question about "legal" mp3 file downloads and what not....there really is none. Since ppl usually use these programs to download riped versions of tv or music, none are 100% legal. So yeah. Sorry, but of course you can downlaod a safe program that isnt run by adware or what not (bittorrent, eMULE, mIRC, etc.)
I don't know if this is the right place but:   I used to be able to press refresh constantly and never have this problem. However now, when i refresh to much the task manager sky rockets to 100%,... See more...
I don't know if this is the right place but:   I used to be able to press refresh constantly and never have this problem. However now, when i refresh to much the task manager sky rockets to 100%, aqnd the only thing that is being used is IE. What's up? and how do i fix it?
Could somebody please help me?
I believe my problem has to deal with the removing of the Roxio Easy CD and DVD creator. Therefore, does anyone know of a website or something that has a solution or a re-download of Roxio easy CD and... See more...
I believe my problem has to deal with the removing of the Roxio Easy CD and DVD creator. Therefore, does anyone know of a website or something that has a solution or a re-download of Roxio easy CD and DVD creator?
Well.... The files are "tehre" with their appropriate names but it says 0 bytes. But everything else is fine just my word documents, music, and images are gone. Does this help?
um...i don't have one so anywho my friend said it's a virus so can someone tell me a virus that could do something like this?
All my files say 0 bytes, I know though that they are most certainly NOT 0 bytes. I had these files for a while so that's how i know but how come they are 0? Is it a virus or something?
I know that alot of sites talk about how to get this "error" to get fixed but i can't exactly fina what i need. So here goes: My dimension 4600 is missing two driver:  C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers... See more...
I know that alot of sites talk about how to get this "error" to get fixed but i can't exactly fina what i need. So here goes: My dimension 4600 is missing two driver:  C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\pfc.sys and C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\redbook.sys I know they have to be important because now my CD driver doesn't work. Could someone please tell me what to do or link me to a solution site. Oh, and my CD drive is a HL-DT-ST CD-ROM GCR-8481B