Reply to Message

Reply to Message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
DLott11
1 Copper

3300 wireless printer adapter....926 aio printer.....losing connnection

I have been using a Inspiron 1720 laptop with Vista connected to a 926 AIO printer through a 3300 wireless printer adapter.  This has been operating great for over a year.  Suddenly I began losing the connection.  I have read all the posts on this forum.  To get it going again I have to uninstall and reinstall the adapter and printer.  Sometimes the IP Address Setup Utility won't pick up the information and sometimes it picks it up right away.  Anyway I can get it going again and then after a few hours or so the printer stops working and I get the message "Communication not available. The printer cannot communicate with the computer"  After I go through the process all over again I can get it working again but after a few hours it drops off.  The printer will run fine from the USB port, just not wirelessly.  I always run new firmware and completely delete the printer drivers using the utility you recommend in the other posts on the forum.  Is it possible that the 3300  Adapter is going bad? I would appreciate any help you can offer.  Thanks for your help.

Doug

0 Kudos