Reply to Message

Reply to Message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:

Re: Inspiron 1011, 1397 mini wireless NIC, bcmwl5.sys blue screen

Ken Kanizar,

Sorry to hear about your issues.

Places to look to see if your Connection is enabled

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager), click on network, 1397 adapter, advanced. Look for antenna diversity. Change it from Auto to Aux.

Sometimes BSOD's come from drivers issues and sometimes from malware. I recently help a fellow worker, by reinstalling Windows Xp on her Dell Mini 910. Her blue screens went away. She was noted for installing unnecessary programs and then the issues happen. One program she installed was clean my pc and I think the program caused the BSOD's because the registry was modified.

The bcmwl5.sys error is coming from your Broadcom wireless LAN driver. Was the operating system reinstalled? If so, was the Notebook system utility(you might not have this) and the chipset drivers installed first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Rick

Restoring Your Computer´s Software to the Factory Settings

How To Restore or Reinstall Microsoft® Windows® on a Dell™ Computer

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos