Thank you for providing the details. Since your system was shipped with Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth module. You can try the following steps which might work for you:
- Click the following link to download the most updated driver for the Bluetooth: http://dell.to/YGWb0i
- Save the folder (zipped folder) on the 'Desktop screen'
- Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R226750.exe
- The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or unzip to C:\dell\drivers\R226750
- Click Ok
- After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor window is still open, close it
- Open the following path: C:\dell\Drivers\R226750\Win32 (Follow steps mentioned below)
Note: The steps listed below are based on Windows 32 bit version is installed in your laptop. Please refer to the step-by-step instructions as mentioned below:
- Click 'Computer' and drive letter 'C'
- Locate folder 'dell' and double click it
- Locate folder 'Drivers' and double click it
- Locate folder 'R226750'
- Locate folder 'Win32' and double click it
- Locate file Inst (Refer to the image below)
Right click file 'Inst'
- Click 'Run as an administrator'
- Click 'Yes' to continue if prompted with 'User access control' message
- Follow through with the installation as per the screen instructions
- Finish the installation and check for the Bluetooth functionality
- If issue persists, try using the 'setup' file to install drivers in compatibility mode (Next Step)
Install 'Setup.exe' file in 'compatibility Mode'
- Navigate to C:\dell\Drivers\R226750\Win32
- Right click ‘Setup’ file and click ‘Properties’
- Click “Install in compatibility mode’
- Click on Application and select ‘Troubleshoot Compatibility’
- Next, click on ‘Troubleshoot Program’
- Click on Program worked in earlier versions of Windows
- Click on ‘Windows 7’
- Click on ‘Start the Program’
- Do not hit ‘Next’ until the installation completes
- Once the installation completes, click on ‘Next’
Note: Though the recommended steps have exhibited some positive results, you may still experience Bluetooth issues as the laptop is not tested to work optimally with Windows 8.
Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.