Reply to Message

Reply to Message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
seabass450
1 Copper

Re: E5440 Point Stick in Center of Keyboard does not work!

I have the latest touch pad drivers installed running the latest build of Win 10 Pro with the latest Bios for the E5440.  I installed the lighted keyboard with pointer stick in the middle DP/N-03KK86.  When I click on my touchpad, it does not show the pointing stick option in the options.  Note in the photos below that the version number is the latest as well.  See photos below.  The lighted keyboard works as its supposed though, but the center pointer stick does not.

Now either there is bad batch of keyboards that were manufactured that a bunch of folks installed or its just co-incidence but there are several other posts with folks having the same issue.  One guy posted in 2015 about the issues with no response.  Another guy in 2017 responded to that same post below.   And there are even more posts elsewhere I found elsewhere on google of folks having the same issues with the E5440.  What is the exact dell part no for the E5440 lighted keyboard with point stick?  I installed a new DP/N-03KK86 in mine that I found from ebay (new).  Personally I think something is not correct on the Dell side in terms of the ALPS driver or there is a reason why the drive is not recognizing the point stick on all these E5440s.

https://www.dell.com/community/Laptops-General-Read-Only/Dell-E5440-Backlit-Keyboard-Pointstick-Not-...

Capture.PNGIMAG0690.jpg

0 Kudos