Reply to Message

Reply to Message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
8 Krypton

Re: AIO 920, vista, and windows 7 RC

murie,

Usually when you disconnect the printer, run that patch as administrator until you're prompted to restart your computer, some people have run it twice to make sure, the installing the proper drivers, it usually installs unless...

If you installed the Operating system, sometimes people don't know to install the chipset drivers first.

You're using a USB Cable longer that 5ft(some work, some don't USB isn't meant to carry much voltage)

You have an issue with your USB Ports. For a laptop, I can recommend trying...

Disconnecting the printer, run the patch, restart then...

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Starting at the bottom, USB Root Hubs, and working your way to the top, USB Universal Controllers, un-install everything in that section.

Restart your computer. Windows will find everything again and correct the problem one. Please be patient. The new hardware wizard may work 3-5 minutes before it's done.

Then install the printer and you should be prompted to connect the printer.

And last, your computer might have an issue that's not allowing the printer to install.

The Dell All-In-One Center is in the drivers package.

As for faxing, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the Fax Folder. In the Fax Folder, right click on setup.exe and left click run as administrator. This will install the Fax program.

or you can try BVRP PhoneTools for Faxing

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos