Reply to Message

Reply to Message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
8 Krypton

Re: Dell 968W PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

iakaisatsana,

You are using Dell Series 7 ink cartridges, correct?

If you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds, this will reset any error messages the printer has. I would then plug everything back in.

Power on the printer. 

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 7 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 7 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

photo cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 7 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 7 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible that you got a Dell Series 7 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. Take it back to the place of purchase for a refund or replacement.

To setup the printer for wireless, please follow the instructions located at...

968 & 968w All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Then let me know what happens.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos