Reply to Message

Reply to Message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
mrbuckeye
1 Nickel

Re: 3115cn All-In-One - Setting Printer to Print in Black Only

How awesome...  however, you've responded to a techno-zero!  LOL

Where would I find the menu to set the printer to non-Dell toner mode?

Also, given that I do currently have an emplty cartridge error (and it's a color cartridge that I replaced recently...there's NO WAY it could even be 10% used up!!)...can you tell me specifically how/where I make the changes you speak of 'on the web server.'  I'm not sure I know what that means..

Thank You Sooo much!!

I'm so excited... I thought I was going to have to purchase another $800 in toner....UGH!

Note: when I first bought the printer, oh 5 or 6 years ago or longer... the color cartridges lasted several years...I rarely print in color, but when I do, it's for a client presentation...so I want it to be awesome!

A couple years ago I had to replace the color cartridges again, which seemed strange since the first cartridges lasted several years or more...

I had to replace the color cartridges again in January of this year, just prior to tax season starting... and they supposedly already empty again...  the time frame in which the cartridges seem to be lasting has been exponentially decreasing...

Another side observation you may or may not know anything about....  NEVER have any copies or printed pages EVER declined in quality...  my back-up printer, which is a black-only Dell printer..... the quality fades a little... I can remove the toner and shake it back and forth a bit.... it will print again for sometime...and I can repeat this process over and over again until it is ovbious the laser toner cartridge is in fact empty...  with the 3115cn cartridges... when the machine says the cartridge is empty...game over!  

The other thing I find strange is that the color cartriges always go empty at exactly the same time...and again, without any decline in quality...

I always buy high yield cartridges...which are supposed to yield 5,000 color and 8,000 black...  While I'm sure the black cartridge I just changed is not empty...I have been using in regular for several months....  The color cartridges probably don't have more than 50 to 100 pages total used...

I'm very cheap...I mean I really try to stretch the value out of a dollar... as such, I am anal retentive in my printing....I ALWAYS go in to the print menu prior to printing and select 'black only' and then click the 'toner saver' button...

I know there is no way I could have used more than a very small amout of color toner...

Wow, that was way more than you needed to know...

Anyway, I appreciate any guidance you can provide on setting the machine to non-Dell mode and also how to access the web server so I can change it....

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!

0 Kudos