Reply to Message

Reply to Message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:

Re: DIMENSION 3100C, Windows XP - At Startup, on the Desktop Screen, I get a RUNDLL error message.

Hi Senthil,

I tried following your instructions but had some problems.

I was able to delete the existing printer and the printer software.

I rebooted the system.  So far, OK.

I cannot find my Setting Up Your Printer poster that came with my Dell AIO Printer, so I don't know when to disconnect the printer's USB and power cord and when to reconnect them.  Do you know where I can get a new poster, or do you have those instructions to share with me?

When I reconnect the printer USB cable I get a popup on the computer "Found New Hardware", then a window popsup that wants me to insert my Printer Install CD.  My Printer Install CD is old.  When I put it in the D:\  CD/DVD slot, I can hear it working for a bit, but the Install program rarely starts up. It seems like the computer is not reading the CD. If it does start, I get the window to Install.  I click on INSTALL and nothing happens.  The window disappears.  Can I get an a new Installation Disc for my DELL AIO Photo 964 Printer?

When I try downloading new drives, I followed your link, downloaded DELL FIRMWARE  N201, A04, and got the files unzipped.  The computer show a black screen window called C:\WINDOW\system32\cmd.exe and another window, AIO Firmware Update Utility 2.04.  This window shows it is Initializing 100% and Total Progress is 31%.  Next another box pops up that says AIO Machine Firmware Version: Cab_E071006_00,  Firmware Update Version: Cab_E121505_00, Do you want to continue with the update?  I Click YES.  Back on the AIO Firmware Update Utility 2.04, it shows Flashing and gets to 84% and Total Progress 76%, the stops and shows a box that says Firmware Update Complete.  I click OK.

If I go back to the Drives Download window and filter for Windows XP, I get download options for DELL FIRMWARE  N201, A04,   DELL FIRMWARE  071006, A04,and DELL DRIVER

G5A32-WP English

When I download DELL FIRMWARE  071006, I get to the AIO Firmware Update Utility 2.04, and it shows Initializing 100% and Total Progress 11%.  Next another box pops up that says AIO Machine Firmware Version: ..4P......,  Firmware Update Version: CabEC_E071006_00, Do you want to continue with the update?  I Click YES.  Back on the AIO Firmware Update Utility 2.04, it shows Flashing and gets to 54% and Total Progress 64%, the stops and shows a box that says Firmware Update Complete, The firware upgrade process has completed without receiving a Power On Reset alert. Verify that the machine has finished updating firmware before removing power.   I don't know what that means or how to do it so I click OK.

When I download DELL DRIVER

G5A32-WP English, it downloads and unzips OK.  Then it opens the Dell Photo AIO Printer 964 Installation window.  I click on Personal Installation, the window disappears and nothing seems to happen.

The Printer Prints and scans OK, but whe I Restart the computer,   Once the desktop repopulates, I get the Error Box that says The RUNDLL Error in C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\DLCJtime.dll.

If you have any suggestions or answers to my questions, please tell me.

I appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Gary Coleman

0 Kudos