Download and scan each user profile with CCleaner:
(This will be good utility to keep and use regularly.)
** Select to download the SLIM version.
** Because CCleaner removes everything in temp folders, if you have anything in a temp folder, back it up or move it to a permanent folder prior to running CCleaner.
** We will be cleaning cookies as well. Make a note of any passwords, etc. that you want to save. If you do not want to delete cookies, simply uncheck that option.
1. Before first use, select Options > Advanced and UNCHECK "Only delete files in Windows Temp folder older than 48 hours"
2. Then select the items you wish to clean up. In the Windows Tab:
3. Click the "Run Cleaner" button.
4. A pop up box will appear advising this process will permanently delete files from your system.
5. Click "OK" and it will scan and clean your system.
6. Click "exit" when done. REBOOT.
Please post a fresh HijackThis log for final review and let me know how things are running. If all is well, we'll flush System Restore, and you'll be in good shape.
Windows Insider MVP 2016 -
Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2006-2016
Social Media and Community Professional