Reply to Message

Reply to Message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
8 Krypton

Re: Vostro 3670, Windows 7 install problem

There are no downgrade rights for windows 7 home.

The issue is based on Windows. Microsoft explicitly states new processors will only work with Windows 10. Windows 7 and 8.1 won't be updated for future processors, starting with Intel's Skylake platform

"Going forward, as new silicon generations are introduced, they will require the latest Windows platform at that time for support,"

"Intel's current, sixth generation processors, known as Skylake, are the first that won't support either of the older versions of Windows. "

Furthermore there are No Windows 7 drivers for INTEL B360 chipset or 8th gen and later INTEL processors.  ONLY windows 10 will work.

This is INTEL/AMD/Microsoft Policy not Dell."Windows 10 will be the only supported Windows platform on Intel's 'Kaby Lake' , Qualcomm's '8996' and AMD's 'Bristol Ridge' ." There will never be any 7 or 8.1 drivers for these platforms. This is an Optane Compatible System with No legacy Booting Support.

Intel Core i3 8100
Intel Core i5 8400
Intel Core i7 8700
Intel Pentium G5400
Intel Celeron G4900

Operating systems supported

Windows 10 64-bit
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (64-bit)

If you need to run windows 7  I would Suggest buying an OPTIPLEX 9020 mini Tower with windows 10 pro.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Refurbished-Dell-OptiPlex-9020-Tower-Desktop-PC-Intel-Core-i5-4570-Proces...

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos