Reply to Message

Reply to Message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:

Re: XPS 13 (9365) lifting the lid wont wake from sleep

@pacca91 wrote:

Thanks for the response Alan. 

Can you please provide any guidance on why this is the case? That is a very unsual and counter-intuitive design choice for a modern laptop (I would almost say it is unique to this specific device - lift to wake is a standard bit of functionality). 

Further to that, cmd inquiries suggest the ACPI lid is enabled somewhere in the system BIOS, but it has been disabled by Dell somewhere along the way. There is no physical reason why this functionality would not be supported.....

Hi @pacca91

This choice has likely been made based on chassis type, components used, i.e reed switch / HALL sensor, sensor placement, availability of space within that chassis or a combination of those factors. Ultimately the decision will be design or engineering based. I suspect it's the functionality in the HALL sensor or reed switches that we use that prevents this.

I had a look at half a dozen different notebooks between my system and my colleagues and none of them have wake on lid functionality. These were all standard notebooks rather than the 2 in 1 design of your 9365.

Alan 

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 9am-4pm GMT
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos