Reply to Message

Reply to Message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
DonLupo
1 Copper

My XPS: a bomb in my backpack

This morning around 5:10 a.m. I woke up to the fans of my Dell blowing at full workload, I found that my XPS 15 9550 was turned on inside my backpack and it seems that not for a short time. I'm sure that I turned my laptop off when I got out from work. I had to take it out carefully because the chassis was very hot, and put it on a stand so that the laptop would cool down ASAP. This is a recurring problem since I bought this laptop, I tried to find solutions to the problem because no update from Dell has solved it (I've gone through multiple BIOS updates, downgrades, no matter what I do, the problem still happens sooner or later), I also run Diagnostics from Dell, the laptop is ok. I have tried clean Windows installations, I have changed the settings of Windows so that it does not start on its own and, heck this laptop got its motherboard replaced by a technician of Dell that moved to my house (premium support they call it)... I realized that when the laptop wakes up like this, it gets stuck in a waking up cycle in which if I turn it off it will turn it on again in 8 seconds after the power button light is off. I find it incredible that this happens with a premium laptop (2000€+). I'm afraid that my laptop will catch fire because I realized how hot it was when I grabed it to take it out of the backpack. My guarantee is finished but this is a serious problem that should be solved since it is a risk that a device with a battery will experience a problem like this (Hello Galaxy Note 7?).
Labels (4)
0 Kudos