Reply to Message

Reply to Message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
Yury_Sazonov
1 Copper

What kind of licenses do I need to integrate AVE with DD?

Hello!

We are use Avamar Virual Edition (based on RHEL, AVE version is 7.0) with 2 Tb license and now we are going to update our backup system.
In near future plan is to buy EMC DataDomain and integrate it with our current AVE (one AVE and one DataDomain, no any replaciton).

According our plans AVE will back up data and will store them in DD. In simple - DD will be integrated with our current AVE and will be used as disk storage extension for AVE.

From technical side everything is clear:  I know how to integrate AVE and DD, I know and understand all limitations and restrictions, also I have and read admin guides EMC Avamar 7.0 and EMC Data Domain System Integration Guide (REV 02) and EMC Data Domain Boost for Databases and Applications  Administration Guide (REV 04).

My main problem is that cannot understand what kind and how many licenses do I need to implement this solution.

From EMC Avamar 7.0 and EMC Data Domain System Integration Guide on page 23 I had read that the "The DD Boost license must be installed on the Data Domain system". Also from EMC Data Domain Boost for Databases and Applications  Administration Guide (REV 04) on page 20 I had read that "You require the EMC Data Domain Boost license to use the Data Domain Boost for Databases and Applications (DDBDA) software".

My questions are - does it mean that we need to buy DataDomain, license for DD Boost and no more?  No any additional specific licenses that will allow us to integrate AVE with DD, make backups using AVE  clients and store it on DD disks?

Thanks in advanced.

0 Kudos