Reply to Message

Reply to Message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
8 Krypton

Re: RMAN backups of HP-UX dedicated storage node fail with error "Dedicated storage node leda2 cannot save remote data from client cora127n1.melkweg.tld"

Hi Bahaa,

Thanks for replying. We have 12 dedicated storage node licenses and 11 dedicated storage nodes. So license-wise I think we're okay. We don't use the hosts file and forward and reverse lookup of the backup server works fine on the HP-UX nodes. The HP-UX storage nodes are in a different DNS zone as the backup server. However we never had any problems before with this and like I said the other HP-UX cluster is in the same DNS zone and there the backup is fine. We might have some sort of breakthrough. I changed 2 things yesterday. I changed the remote access rights on the failing storage nodes. I entered the other storage node to the remote access rights of the first storage node.

storage node1

*@storagenode2

*@storagenode2.local

storage node2

*@storagenode1

*@storagenode1.local

And also I changed storage node1 from a dedicated to a shared storage node. All the backups of storage node2 succeeded and some of the backups of storage node1 failed with error:

ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file,, parms=""
ORA-27028: skgfqcre: sbtbackup returned error
ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
   Direct saves are not enabled. (0:5:2)

So I changed storage node1 back to a dedicated storage node. I requested to start some RMAN backups of storage node1 and they are running now.

0 Kudos