Reply to Message

Reply to Message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
ble1
6 Indium

Re: rrxcap-app13:C:\ 39078:save: SYSTEM error: client `client name' is not properly configured on the NetWorker Server

dman1977 wrote:

I've been getting this error now for the last two-weeks and everything I try doesn't work.

rrxcap-app13:C:\ 39078:save: SYSTEM error: client `rrxcap-app13.ml.wpafb.af.mil' is not properly configured on the NetWorker Server

It's funny because it worked fine for 11 days with no error then suddenly for no reason It fails. I checked and rechecked all the DNS and networker settings. Nothing has change.

Has anyone seen this and know the fix.

Thanks,

Doug

This is typical message when you backup client <hostname> and alias for for that client in NW resources is missing mentioned entry which is <hostname>.<domain>.  (perhaps unrelated, once I had customer who had also problem like this and at first sight they had alias field set correctly to learn after closer inspection that issue started after they created copy of client and during that process NMC crashed - that created corrupted alias field which you could only see with cat -vet against actual resource located inside nsrdb - removing whole alias field, saving it, and then adding it back did the trick).

0 Kudos