Reply to Message

Reply to Message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
8 Krypton

Re: Why does RP enter "Regulated" role on source during CDP

David,

The performance characteristics are published in the Release Notes

Just to make sure we are not mis communicating  and you  have the total picture.  The 17TB replication license is not tied to the change rate.. but the amount of usable storage seen by the host that need to be protected.  The 75Mb/s per RPA is a resource limit by design.. much like an ESX server only has a given amount of memory or CPU capacity..so you scale out by adding more ESX servers.. same for RP.. you scale out by adding RPA's.. You can have up to 8 RPA's per site.. which means the sustained change rate that can be supported is 600MB/s.  This equates to appx 2.1TB per hour per RP cluster.. then you scale out to multiple cluster , again much like you would for ESX farms.

What is the SR#?

Can I ask what your RPO/RTO's are?

How long does the system stay in highload?

Have you run detect_bottlenecks command to get an idea of what is triggering the highload?

I noticed you are using vmware, do you use the best practice of dedicating non-replicated vmware swap file devices for all vm swap space, if you plan to over commit memory? 

The reason I ask is that the swap files are zero'd out anytime you power on or cycle a VM ..which means for a VM with 4GB of ram .. this cause 4GB of change at ever power cycle or new vm creation.  The swap file is of no use for DR so does not need to be replicated and as a BP vmware recommends not replicating and dedicating a device per ESX server for swap space use.

-rick

0 Kudos