vWorkspace

Last reply by 02-02-2015 Solved
Start a Discussion
3 Argentum

AppPortal desktop integration with 8.5 Icon location

With Windows AppPortal 8.01 the Remote Applications were placed in a folder under Start Menu\Programs\Remote Application \ <Farm Name>

Now with Windows AppPortal 8.5 Remote Applications were placed in a folder under Start Menu\Programs

Is there away, reg entry or command line arg, to change this back to Start Menu\Programs\Remote Application \ <Farm Name> on Windows AppPortal 8.5

Thanks,

Home: Venue 11 vPro 7130 A01, Inspiron 3521, XPS 8700, PowerEdge T110
Work: OptiPlex 9010, PowerEdge 2950, R710, R720, R730

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions

Hello Greg,

I don't know of a way to switch this behaviour back - I'll take a look for a hidden registry switch and let you know.

However, what I can tell you is that we now use the Folder name that you publish the Application to.

For example, "My Applications" is the default location and will appear under Start Menu\Programs as you say.

You can create a new Folder called Farm Name and publish the apps to this, then they will appear under

Start Menu\Programs\Farm Name

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like you can do nested folders.

So, yes, it's different but it actually gives you much more flexibility and control over the locations that the Apps get created in.

Thanks, Andrew.

View solution in original post

Reply (1)

Hello Greg,

I don't know of a way to switch this behaviour back - I'll take a look for a hidden registry switch and let you know.

However, what I can tell you is that we now use the Folder name that you publish the Application to.

For example, "My Applications" is the default location and will appear under Start Menu\Programs as you say.

You can create a new Folder called Farm Name and publish the apps to this, then they will appear under

Start Menu\Programs\Farm Name

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like you can do nested folders.

So, yes, it's different but it actually gives you much more flexibility and control over the locations that the Apps get created in.

Thanks, Andrew.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor