Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 11th, 2011 11:00

Apportal CRYPT32.DLL error

Does anyone know what this is? I ran a sfc /scannow to repair the system files. No corrupt files have been found.

We are running Windows Vista

This error occur when launching the published app (Office) via the App Portal. After clicking OK the application does launch though.

228 Posts

October 11th, 2011 12:00

Hello Morne,

Can you tell me in what context you are seeing this error, is it a message that states 'Crypt32.dll is incompatible with MS Outlook. Install

again' or something different?

It seems some people suggest the problem can be resolved by following these quick steps:

1. open Windows Explorer on the host system and browse to C:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office \
  2. locate the application .exe, e.g. Otlook.exe, right click on Outlook.exe and click on properties
  3. select the compatibility tab, uncheck the box run in compatibilty mode.

If this does not work then;

Do you see this with all MS Office applications or just a particular one?

Do you see the error if you open the same application locally on the host server or VDI?

Regards

David

17 Posts

October 11th, 2011 13:00

David

This is happening with ALL Office applications. I attached a screenshot.

After clicking Ok a couple of times, the application then launch.Capture.JPG

228 Posts

October 11th, 2011 14:00

Hi Morne,

I assume that you have already tried to re-install the MS Office application suite and this did not correct the problem?

Do you see this error when opening the applications directly on the host, or is it only when using a remote connection?

You may want to try using a tool to scan the registry for any invalid references to this file.

Regards

David

17 Posts

October 13th, 2011 09:00

It seemed to be something on the PC's we cloned as I tried it from a physical machine and it worked like a charm. I will reprovision those VMs and try again.

Thanks for your input.

October 13th, 2011 09:00

Hi Morne,

Please can you check where Crypt32.DLL is located on your system.

Then check your Environment Variables that the PATH variable does contain the Path to the Folder where Crypt32.dll resides.

Cheers, Andrew

No Events found!