Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 21st, 2010 18:00

Cannot connect to a RDS session (Windows Profile Service error in Event Viewer)

Hello guys,

When I try to connect a RDS Desktop session published by vWorkspace 7.1 the connection loads the Desktop and asks me to login (this is first strange behavior , it should inherit the credentials provided in AppPortal) and I do login, all those messages about preparing user environment and loading user profile are displayed, but when finally comes the time to give me de desktop the message "Logging Off" appears instantly and I loose my connection back to AppPortal interface. The first troubleshooting I did was to connect from MSTSC directly to RDS in question. It worked.

So I am forced to think that the problem is at the vWorkspace side. I went to Event Viwer of the RDS and I have a warning coming from User Profile Service (The Windows one and not the MetaProfiles-IT). The warning says something about opened registry keys that must be unloaded, etc. (The complete error is attached with this thread). I think it is quite relevant to mention that the RDS service is running together with the Connection Broker service and NO, I do not have the MetaProfile-IT installed. The environment is running all over Windows 2008 R2.

Any tips?

Baeta

1 Attachment

173 Posts

September 21st, 2010 18:00

Can you make sure you have all the proper licenses in place?

14 Posts

September 21st, 2010 19:00

Hey Mike, yes I have 10 available Enterprise + EOP licenses with 300 days remaining.

That was one of the things I cheked.

173 Posts

Very stupid question but you did install the ts enhancements to the rdsh right?

14 Posts

Yes I did. I have installed the full RDS components except for the Universal Printer Components (I will not test it).

180 Posts

September 21st, 2010 20:00

"When I try to connect a RDS Desktop session published by vWorkspace 7.1 the connection loads the Desktop and asks me to login (this is first strange behavior"

Out of interest are you using Kerberos authentication with AppPortal or are you manually specifying the user credentials? Also is the end-point/client device Vista or Windows7?

I've seen this behavior before when using Kerberos from AppPortal on Windows 7. There is a Quest blog post that might help with this issue: http://blogs.inside.quest.com/provision/2010/09/14/1059/

I don't know if it will help you though?

The logoff bit I've not seen before!

Cheers,

Dan

180 Posts

September 22nd, 2010 11:00

Ah well... I'll refer your to Quest support then

Dan

14 Posts

September 22nd, 2010 11:00

I am manually specifying the user credentials even because my client device is not member of any domain. I have tested with both Vista and Windows 7 and I get the same error.

I appreciate, Dan.

No Events found!