I'm getting a Connection failed (12152) error when attempting to change passwords from the WEB-IT interface. Can't seem to find anything on this, hoping someone else has seen. We are using vWorkspace 7.1 with MR1 installed.
Can you check if the Password Management service is still running or whether it stopped shortly after starting?
Have you enabled logging for the service, does this show any errors?
Are you able to telnet to the server and port on which the service is running?
If you have already ruled out the obvious port and connectivity requirements then problems with the Password Management service are usually certificate related. What type of certificate are you using and what name is it made out to?
A few things to remember for the Password Management server:
1. Should not be installed on the same server as the Secure Gateway
2. SSL Certificates 'Issued To' and Friendly Name' must be the same
3. Certificate should be RSA 1024-bit, AES certificates do not work
4. Must be installed on a Domain Member server, I usually install it on my Broker or a File Server
5. If using a Private Certificate, the Password Management Server must have the Private Root CA key installed on it, if using Password Management with Web Access, the Root CA Certificate must be installed on the Web Access server, if using with AppPortal, all client computers must have the Root CA Certificate installed on it.
The Error message you are getting usually means that the Password Management Server can not communicate with your Active Directory server. See above to ensure configuration is correct. If you can, please post a snippet of the Password Manager log file to the Community for Review or send me a Private Message with a snippet so I can review it.
Service is running. Have tried stopping and restarting and nothing. The only thing that shows up in the log is the stopping and starting of the service.
I am able to telnet to the listening port, but it continues to give the error. Certificates are correct, but it is just not connecting.
Can you set the port to something which is not in the 'well-known' area? Try to set it to something like 10443 and test again. I would appear that something else is listening on port 444 of that server possibly.
If you want to log this as a support case then I could schedule a webex meeting with you to take a further look at why this is not working correctly.
The port wasn't being used by anything else, but I updated it to 10443, stopped and started the service and same results. Rebooted server, same results. Went to SSL Gateway which had not been updated to new port yet and recieved 'Connection failed (12002). Once updated on SSL Gateway, I got Connection failed (12175). Restarted SSL Gateway after updating just in case and get same error. I am still getting the same Connection failed (12152) on the internal server that I used to get on both.
I am working on other things and would like to have this working but we're still in POC stage at this point and want to concentrate on that at the moment. I will open up a support case and seek further assistance when I get some free time to look into this. It's weird because it was working when it was first installed and configured, but without changing anything (that we can nail down) it has stopped working.