Highlighted
dbolton
2 Iron

EOP Xtream not working since updating to 7.2

To be honest I've not had much time to play around yet (on a train) but...

Since updating our vWorkspace setup from 7.1MR1 to 7.2 any connection made to a VDI VM with EOP Xtream enabled fails! RDS connections continue to work correctly.

Disabling Xtream from a client setting allows the connection.

Any ideas?

Not critical (yet) as the environment is pretty stall but we are set to go live in the main production setup next Monday!

I'll post some screen grabs and more data when I get to a "real" machine - typing on the iPad has it's limits!

Just thought I would post just incase I'm have a Friday moment and missing something silly.

Dan

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
14 Replies

RE: EOP Xtream not working since updating to 7.2

What is the error message you are seeing?

0 Kudos
dbolton
2 Iron

Oh - to add...

EOP Xtream is working fine with VDI desktops that are using the previous version on PNtools! so it's something in the current 7.2 PNtools - I'm guessing.

0 Kudos
dbolton
2 Iron

ahhh.png

Best I can to on the ipad!

The VM is then locked by the user until a forceful action or a long timeout is initiated.

0 Kudos
prit1
2 Bronze

we had a similar problem ...some of our VDI's with pntools 7.2 had the "pndnasvc.exe" file missing during the installing process - this is the EOP file  ( after removing pntools 7.1mr1 and installing pntools 7.2 )

prit

0 Kudos

Also worth checking if you can use MSTSC to connect to one or the rogue VMs. Also what is set in the regsitry on one of these VMs under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > System > CurrentControlSet > Control > TerminalServer > WinStations > RDP-Tcp = port number?

0 Kudos
dbolton
2 Iron

Hi Prit,

I've seen that before but this happens on a virgin machine with a fresh install of the new PNtools! - I'll check the pndnasvc.exe file tomorrow though!

0 Kudos
dbolton
2 Iron

I can connect via standard MSTSC and the port No. is 3390.

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
dbolton
2 Iron

I can confirm that c:\Windows\SysWOW64\pndnasvc.exe exists.

0 Kudos

Some additional things to check:

1. Is the EOP Xtream service running?

2. Is it listening on port 3389? (run from command prompt: netstat -an and look for listeners on both ports 3389(EOPX) and 3390(RDP).

3. Can you telnet from the client to the VM on both 3389 and 3390?

0 Kudos