Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 28th, 2011 08:00

Enable credentials pass-through using PNTSC or PIT file fails on W2K8R2 SP1

When deploying a PIT file created using PNTSC on a Windows 2008 R2 SP1 RDSH server and then made available to all users on those same servers, the user is prompted for username, password and domain. Connecting from the PNTSC directly also prompts the ser for user credentials.

The version of the installation on the terminal servers is 7.2 MR1. The version of PNTSC is V7.2.302.414.

It might also be worth pointing out that seamless apps publish on a users RDSH desktop using desktop Intergrated mode and making sure that the "Credentials"  setting is set to "Use Cached Credentials" indicates that the credentials for the Farm connection are also not valid. Once the change the Credentials settings to "Use the following credentials" the seamless applications published from that manage work as designed.

Is there something I am missing in all of this?

21 Posts

October 31st, 2011 00:00

Andrew,

I have solved the problem.

1. When I upgraded the client on te server to V7.2 and then then V7.2MR1 using the VASCLIENT32.exe from V6.x, selecting the Enable Legacy passthrough credential did not install the Legacy SSO service - PNSSOSVR.exe process. After uninstalling the vWorkspace Connecter for Windows and then re-installing (with the legacy option ticket) did installed this service correctly.

2. This resolved the the pass through authentication for seamless applications. However, in order to have pass through credentials work when using a PIT file that was created by PNTSC it was  necessary to put a check in both the "Pass through Credentials" and "Use local credentials to logon".

Chris

October 28th, 2011 10:00

Hi Chris,

Not exactly what you asked for, however, You can follow this MS article and you'll get Kerberos working (It's SP1 that breaks it)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2526946

Onto the main issue:

To fix Cached Credentials, open

C:\Windows\System32

and

C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Copy pnsso.dll from system32 to syswow64

Then copy pnssoagt.exe and pnssosvr.exe from syswow64 to system32

Reboot the machine.

Now, both Kerberos and Cached credentials will work

Kind Regards, Andrew.

Message was edited by: Andrew Wood to fix speeeling mistokes ;)

October 28th, 2011 10:00

Hi Chris,

Getting the same issue here right now. Just testing something.

Andrew,

21 Posts

October 28th, 2011 12:00

Andrew,

Your resolution for the Cached Credentials works fine, however applying the hotfix does not resolve the authentication issue when using PNTSC or PIT files.

The original testing was trying to connect to a W2K3R2 WTS server, but I have also tested it to connect it to a W2K8R2 SP1 server and both fail. I have tried it with only the Enable Kerberos/Network Level Authentication or Enable Credential Pass Through and no success.

Regards

Chris

October 28th, 2011 13:00

Guess I should double check this - the Terminal servers that you're connecting to will also need to have the  vWorkspace Terminal Services/RDSH component  installed on them .

This isn't installed by default when using the "Simple" installation option, you need to pick the Advanced option and select that component.

Thanks.

October 28th, 2011 13:00

Hi Chris,

Is the screen asking for the Username/Password/Domain the standard windows login screen on the TS you're connecting to or is it a popup from PNTSC itself ?

I've been trying to break this with mine but it just works. Only difference is I'm running 7.2 MR1 for my PNTSC, you have plan old 7.2.

Thanks, Andrew.

21 Posts

October 30th, 2011 12:00

Andrew,

It is PNTSC that is prompting for Credentials

Chris

21 Posts

October 30th, 2011 12:00

Andrew,

I do not use the "Simple" install - Always do a advanced install.

I might point out that if I use pnap32 /di the system will also produce an authentication error:

vWorkspace AppPortal

An Error occured while retreiving shortcuts from the server.
The Operation being requested was not performed because the user has not been authenticated (-2147023652)

If you then go to the Manage Connection option and change the option from Cached authentication to Use these Credentials and click save then it works fine.

Regards

Chris

21 Posts

October 30th, 2011 13:00

Andrew,

I upgraded PNTSC to 7.2 MR1, but that did not make any difference.

Chris

October 31st, 2011 09:00

Hi Chris, I was away for the weekend so couldn't check on your progress.

Glad you have it working now.

No Events found!