Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 18th, 2014 18:00

Error updating RDSH gold image

I hav just deployed vWorkspace for the first time and can provision virtual machines - I am running Windows Server 2012 R2 and vWorkspace 8.0 MR1 with no patches (as its a trial) - I am using Hyper-v (again 2012 R2) without SCVMM.

When I try and update (reprovision) the computers from an amended gold image it seems to try and copy the original provisioned VM and then fails with a message that says Backup failed - this method is not implemented in any class

It then logs a further error in the logs saying "Rename of computer failed"

I believe when I had this set up to use SCVMM then this is all I did to update the template.

Is reprovisioning not supported in a pure Hyper-V implementation or am I missing something ?

Thanks

July 22nd, 2014 05:00

Hello,

This issue is fixed for VDI using this hotfix:

https://support.software.dell.com/kb/SOL117946

I have not tested it with RDSH but you should find RDSH is fixed too. Any issues, let me know :emotion-2:

Thanks, Andrew.

July 24th, 2014 08:00

Thanks for that - as I am running a trial I'm not allowed to download the patches :emotion-6:

However, downgrading my hypervisor to Windows Server 2012 (rather than R2) has allowed it to work.

Thanks for coming back to me.

1 Message

March 1st, 2022 23:00

Even before I attempt to update (reprovision) the machines from a modified gold image , it seems that it tries to transfer the original supplied VM and instead fails well with warning Backup lost - this function is not documented in any type.

No Events found!