Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 11th, 2013 08:00

Explorer lockups after TS components install..

RDSh Server: Windows 2008 X64 R2 Enterprise (patched to date)
RDSh server is a VM on Hyper-V (2008 X64 R2 DC)
vWorkspace: 7.6

I have just done a clean build of a Remote Desktop Session Host server. The only applications installed so far is Office 2010 (Sp1 x86) and McAfee (currently disabled). The server is working fine, I can RDP to it and the performance is great, etc ,etc…

However when I install the vWorkspace TS components on it, explore (file explore, start menu, etc) frequently lock up/crash and the login process is very slow (with errors).

If I uninstall the vWorkspace TS components, everything is fine again…

This is what happens on login:

vWorkspaceRDSh4.PNG

vWorkspaceRDSh.PNG

Waiting or closing the program will cause a delay of about 30 seconds before login resumes…

The start menu will load but desktop icons remain missing for a short while.

Clicking on the start menu will show this:

vWorkspaceRDSh3.PNG

Waiting for it to respond will eventually open the start menu but that’s when the frequent locks occur…

Any ideas?

Dan

180 Posts

January 17th, 2013 12:00

Ok... Basicly what solved this is hardcoding our DNS suffix on the NIC... Once this was done everything sprang into life!

We used to have a similar issue with VDI desktops back in the vworkspace 6.x days...

228 Posts

January 11th, 2013 08:00

Hi Dan,

Can you try installing this hotfix onto the server, https://support.quest.com/SolutionDetail.aspx?id=SOL101291, you would probably want to do so anyway but this includes a patched version of PNstart.exe.

If that doesn't help then I suggest we enable PNshell logging to see what that captures.

Regards

David

180 Posts

January 11th, 2013 09:00

Installed, rebooted and still have the same issue

Dan

228 Posts

January 15th, 2013 13:00

Hi Dan,

I opened a Support Request and have sent you an email with some further questions and details on how to capture PNshell logging.

Thanks

David

180 Posts

January 15th, 2013 14:00

Cheers Just responding now...

No Events found!