Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 5th, 2012 07:00

Hotfix 101291 fixes RDP 8 - Questions

Hello

I've just seen the update and have a couple of questions if anyone can help please.

1) Does this allow Windows 8 to use Vworkspace or just Windows 7 with RDP 8 update?

2) When is the new version due out, I'm trying to work out if I should do the hotfix (some users have Windows 8) or wait for the full release.

3) If I update will users running an older version of the connector still work?  Or do I need to organise updating everyone.

thanks

Ian

December 5th, 2012 08:00

How old are the older versions?

If they are older than 7.6, I'd expect problems with our enhancements. Especially Flash Redirection on sites like Youtube and many others.

If it is the default 7.6 Connector this would probably work ok for now.

Hi Ian.

1) Yes, I installed it on my Windows8 box and it allowed me to connect and also connect via the SSL Gateway

2) I don't have an ETA but it'll be at least a couple of months so definately worth getting the hotfix out to the Windows8 users now

3) Well, this is a little more involved as the Hotfix contains fixes for more than just RDP8.

Officially, you need to update everything and everyone.

However, I have tested it just installing the Connector side of things on the RDP8/Windows8 machines and they can connect and work without having to update the PNTools on the machines they are connecting to.

Might be worth testing that in your lab to check things like Flash Redirection still work.

Thanks, Andrew.

11 Posts

Hello

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Will try it the connector out on a Windows 8 machine and see how I go.

If I update the Terminal servers and central desktops, will users on Windows XP with an older version of the connector still work or will I need to update them with the new connector.  If you do need to update can you do this in an automated way?

thanks again

Ian

11 Posts

December 5th, 2012 09:00

They are 7.6 connectors, thanks for all your help.

Ian

No Events found!