Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 5th, 2010 20:00

How to tell if EOP Xtream is active?

Quick one...

What is the simplest way for the end-user to see if EOP Xtream is actually active/working?

Netstat?

Dan.

228 Posts

October 6th, 2010 08:00

To tell if EOP Xtream is active for the current connection you can run Netstat -abn from a command prompt on the remote VDI or RDS session. If EOP Xtream is active you will see 3 or more connections to the client computer, by default using port of 3389. The process name will be pndnasvc.exe.

19 Posts

October 5th, 2010 23:00

For a very quick check, I look at the IP address of the session connection on the client.  If it show a 127.x.x.x address then Xtream is active.

180 Posts

October 6th, 2010 05:00

I thought about this too but if the user is logging in externally over the SSL gateway, they get the 127.x.x.x address also.

Cheers,

Dan.

5 Posts

October 6th, 2010 07:00

As far as I know you get the 127.x.x.x all the time once the 7.x PNTools is installed.

I believe from what I'm told that the Xtreme listens on port 3389 regradless whether its enabled or not, it proxies to RDP on 3390.

How you do tell I'm not sure...

180 Posts

October 6th, 2010 09:00

I guess good old netstat it is then

It would be good as a future feature if you could see on a per user/connection basis if EOP Xtream was active in the management console.

Cheers,

Dan.

1 Message

May 2nd, 2011 14:00

Hello , i have the same isue , but i see more that 3 connection to 3389 and the processes   pndnasvc.exe

But i cant see the license in use (Experience optimization pack)i attach screen shot

I not sure is eop xtreme is in use, and i need it because i using wan connetions

i have check in client, in application and in computer group to enable eop

Thanks

Nicolas

mierda.png

No Events found!