Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 16th, 2010 15:00

Importance of same version of Flash on client & server

This is a two part question:

1. When using Flash Multi-Media Redirection (FMMR), how important is it for the version of Flash to be the same on both the TS/RDSH server and the end user access device?

2. What is the best practice for updating Flash on the clients/servers? Is it better to first upgrade the server, or should you upgrade the clients before upgrading the server? If there are multiple servers in the environment, how should the rolling update be handled?

Thanks!
KLC

173 Posts

September 16th, 2010 18:00

1. They have to be the same version. In theory they should be at the same point release level, so 10.x at one side and 10.x on the other. In practice I would try to keep them exactly the same where I can.

2. I would update clients first so if something goes wrong you don’t impact everyone (TS)

3 Posts

September 16th, 2010 22:00

Michel Roth wrote:

1.       They have to be the same version. In theory they should be at the same point release level, so 10.x at one side and 10.x on the other. In practice I would try to keep them exactly the same where I can.

OK, so what happens when they aren't the same version (either the end user updates independently of the enterprise or Adobe releases 11.x)? Does FMMR notify the user or the administrator? Does FMMR step aside and content gets rendered on the host?

Thanks!

173 Posts

September 17th, 2010 07:00

I am nore sure. There might be no problem but we don’t notify the user. I think we will just attempt FMMR when it is enabled.

64 Posts

September 17th, 2010 13:00

If you have mismatched versions of the Flash Player, or if there's any other reason Flash redirection can't work (e.g. non-supported access point) then you default back to rendering on the server and a stream of bitmaps.

No Events found!