Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 31st, 2012 09:00

Installing PNTools on Virtuozzo Containers

Hello colleages,

I'm trying to develop a VDI infrastructure using Virtuozzo 4.6 and vWorkspace 7.6. Virtuozzo is running in a Windows 2008 R2.

From vWorkspace Console, the new containers are being created and sysprep properly. But after a new container is created, I need to install the PNtools inside these new containers.

Right now, the only way I can install PNTools is from vWorkspace console by Install/Update PNtools option but I would like this software is installed automatically when the computer is added to vWorkspace console.

I couldn't do it by creating an application template in Parallels Virtuozzo Containers.

Do you know how to do it?

Also, I'm finding that if I create a new container with some application templates on it, the vWorkspace fails the create task with: Action = Unknown action, Can't modify Container parameters:

had somebody have the same problem? how did you resolve it?

Thank you for your help!

February 5th, 2015 04:00

Hello,

I believe our Dev team are aware of this issue. It was spotted when testing version 6 (Which isn't officially supported)

I don't have any timelines for when this will be fixed.

If I hear anymore from Dev, I'll update this.

Thanks, Andrew.

1 Message

January 26th, 2015 13:00

Hello,

I'm having very similar problems when I try to create a Virtual Desktop from vWorkspace console which is based on a OS+Application template. The task fails with message "Action = Unknown action, Container already running".

Any solutions for this? I'm using

vWorkspace 8.0.1MR1

Parallels Virtuozzo for Windows 6

Windows Server 2008 R2

No Events found!