Highlighted
2 Bronze

Installing PowerTools for Terminal services

Hi,

I want to test with the option PowerTools for Terminal services but how can I install this options on an RD host. I can't find it when running the setup.

regards

SijtzeD

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
3 Argentum

RE: Installing PowerTools for Terminal services

Hi,

Do you mean the vWorkspace Power Tools for Terminal Services?

If so then this installation option is no longer offered by vWorkspace. Previously it was possible to purchase a license for certain vWorkspace components on a per server basis and these were called Power Tools. This option was removed from the product some time ago and is no longer available.

What were you looking to achieve with the Power Tools install?

David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

RE: Installing PowerTools for Terminal services

Hi David,

Yes that's what I wanted to test. I red about it in the "vWorkspaceAdminGuide_7.2MR1.pdf" so I thought it still was possible. I'm looking for solutions to speedup logons on rd hosts. Users on remote location often say logon's are very slow. I fixes some of these problems with adding the regkey "DelayedDesktopSwitchTimeout". But somehow it takes, in my opinion, a great while before the startmenu is shown c.q. build.

I've managed to bring back the logon from about one minute to 30 sec. with the above fix but after that pnshell still hasn't build the menu. And the user i'm testing with doesn't have a lot of menu items.

In other ways i'm trying to get the max out of it.

regards

SijtzeD

0 Kudos